Thread: TriCaster Mini - unexpected shutdown

TriCaster Mini - unexpected shutdown

Just got our mini back from NewTek for repairs on bad logic board and had our first livestream last night with a basketball game. Just about an hour and 7 minutes into the livestream the mini just shut down. No warning just a sudden black screen. We rebooted and got it back up and running only to get the same thing again about 10 minutes in.
    So we were running 3 cameras coming in NDI through hardwired Sparks and a 4th NDI input from a machine running New Blue Titler live providing our scoreboard data.
    We were recording 4 inputs (3 camera streams for Instant Replays and 1 master mix).
    I realize we were pushing the mini to its limits. And going forward we’ll cut down to recording 3 feeds and while the mini isn’t crowded on the shelf I plan to put a fan on it to help keep it a little cooler. But is there something else I should be looking at or addressing? Were we just asking too much of it?
    Jeremy Brandt
    TV/Video Teacher
    Voorhees High School, NJ
    http://www.VoorheesTV.com

TriCaster Mini - Advanced Edition
    TriCaster Mini Control Surface
    Primary Cameras - JVC GY-HM750

Shutting off like that doesn't seem like you are asking too much of it rather something is still wrong. Grab the session logs and windows system event logs and send em off to support. I have seen lots of threads where people add cooling to the mini to make sure it is "breathing better" but I don't recall those threads saying they did it because the system would just shut off on them.

We had this on one of our Minis. It ended up being the PSU. It sounds crazy, but any time there was a high level of noise (eg; big bass note from nearby subs) it would shut off.

Thanks. I just sent off the session logs to support. We'll see what happens.
    Jeremy Brandt
    TV/Video Teacher
    Voorhees High School, NJ
    http://www.VoorheesTV.com

TriCaster Mini - Advanced Edition
    TriCaster Mini Control Surface
    Primary Cameras - JVC GY-HM750