Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I revert back to a previous install.

How do I revert back to a previous install.

I seem be having issues with my sound unless it is a coincidence with the new update for AE 2 on my mini. My sound is very poor when I download it to edit. It sounds good in the speakers, and even the phone jack coming out of the mini but when I do a session and download it to a flash drive and then try to edit it on a computer, it sounds crappy. It never did this until I did the new update. Anyone else have this issue?

I know that it's a bit late for this. I always make a backup of my current install onto an external drive, especially before I do an update.
    Then if there is any issue I have an easy way to get right back to the last working system configuration.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Yeah, I should have. I found the issue is only in my h.264 because when I record in the .mov it sounds fine. What could be the cause?

Bad level setting? Did you try and just record audio as well and see what that sounds like?

When updating TriCaster, manually go to Newtek.com and download the latest software (that you can install later). When it asks, say you only want to DOWNLOAD, not install. Once downloaded, copy download folder over to another drive other than C: since C: would get wiped with a Restore. NAME the download folder the same as the software version. In this way, you will have your own collection of TriCaster software versions on hand. You can choose to delete the older ones as time goes on, but if you at least have the last couple of versions it gives you option. Even if you might need to RESTORE, then apply software update.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

The levels are fine. When I record in .mov it is fine and sounds good. I have not changed any levels at all. Inf fact when recorded in h.264 the levels are very low. I have tried all sorts of things but the h.264 just has gone crazy.

I'd contact support. Perhaps they know of a solution or can help you get a previous software version if needed.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

I did. They will talk it over and see what they think. I sent them the audio of the h.264 stream.

As far as I can recall, nothing has changed with respect to audio levels for quite a while. I think you mentioned you noticed the problem after an update. Was this a major update, or have you been keeping up? AE2 has been out for quite a long time.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

No, not a major update. I went from Rev 5-1-181112 (November 12, 2018) to Rev 5-1-181220 (December 20, 2018)

Can anyone explain why support wants me to loop my mini? I take a perfectly good video that had been in the ddr for sometime and record and when I record on h.264 it has weird sounds in the audio. I record from an outside source into h.264 and the same thing happens. I take a Newtek premade video that was already in the mini and play and record it in h.264 and the same distorted or weird noise is in the audio. I repeat the same process with .mov and it sounds the way it should.
    What would looping my mini change with any of that?

No Offense to support, but that appears to be a part of every troubleshooting procedure they have. You get asked to do it, no matter if it makes sense or not.

Just for kicks, update both the nVidia graphics driver and the Intel graphics driver.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by ingeborgdot View Post
    Can anyone explain why support wants me to loop my mini? I take a perfectly good video that had been in the ddr for sometime and record and when I record on h.264 it has weird sounds in the audio. I record from an outside source into h.264 and the same thing happens. I take a Newtek premade video that was already in the mini and play and record it in h.264 and the same distorted or weird noise is in the audio. I repeat the same process with .mov and it sounds the way it should.
    What would looping my mini change with any of that?
    So as not to confuse the issue, I would pick the simplest case - perhaps the last one, record two short clips (using the latest software) that illustrate the issue clearly, and submit a bug case.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

How do I update the intel graphics driver again? I have done it but have forgotten. I'm going to go try now and see if I remember. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast