Thread: Tricaster Mini HD-SDI Rebooting

Tricaster Mini HD-SDI Rebooting

During a live broadcast last night, my Mini HD-SDI randomly powered off and on again several times. It would run and then reboot, run for about another 5 minutes and reboot. It did this a total of 6 times, and everytime it would reboot on its own. The power brick was extremly hot, so is it possible that was kicking on and off? I ordered a new power adapter from newtek hoping that would help. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, the recorded programing from that night wont load in anything. The files are there, they show they are mp4s and are averaging about 400 mb but no program will open it. The only file that will open is the last one that I manually clicked the record button to stop recording, all the others that the recordings stopped because of the reboot dont seem to want to open despite there being something written to the drive. Anyone have any ideas on how to get these files? I have tried encoder, handbreak and VLC and nothing will read them.

Thanks.

Try loading the files into a DDR, sometimes that will work. Are you running your system on a UPS?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Forgive my ignorance, I am still learning all the terms, what is DDR and UPS?

Quote Originally Posted by jcolebank View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, I am still learning all the terms, what is DDR and UPS?
    The DDR is TriCaster's media player for clips. UPS is 'uninterruptable power supply'.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I am just using the provided power supply plugged into the wall, is the UPS something I need to purchase separately?

Well, yes - but if you don't have one, my question would not apply (certain types of UPS can cause issues).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Well, yes - but if you don't have one, my question would not apply (certain types of UPS can cause issues).
    Yeah I dont have one, and loading it into the DDR didn't work. the D: drive where the captures are kept show the files from the clips before the reboots are there, but I dont know why nothing will load them. There is obviously data on them.

if the mini is intermitently powering off it's probably the graphics card fan

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com