Thread: Glycon R10: Virtual Sets are here, baby, yeah!

Glycon R10: Virtual Sets are here, baby, yeah!

Virtual Sets in Glycon let you create a fake world to interact with, then export that along with your mocap. If you need to do mocap, and you have a VR rig already, it just takes seconds to get animations this way. This build will find its way to users' hands today, as soon as it clears all the quality control tests.

Suggestions and feedback welcome and encouraged!

-Chilton

Chilton - really amazing stuff!! I can think of two things that might be really helpful I think - no clue of course if it's possible.
    (1) once you have recorded your motion - but still inside Glycon - it would be great if you could play back the animation you just made so you could see it.
    I'm kind of talking about showing it in the mirror screen.
    (2) Then if you like the animation up to a certain point but want to edit it - if you could pause the playback at that point, and then record over the rest of it - that would get added to the first part - that seems like it would be really terrific.

Hopefully that made some sense - I don't do any of this kind of work so no clue if I'm asking for the moon here.

- - - Updated - - -
    Somewhere between the Darkness and the Light

Thanks guys!

SteveH, that's actually on the roadmap in a huge way. Not only will you be able to eventually play back your recording, you'll also be able to attach it to a proxy avatar, and interact with it. So you can record high-fiving the air, for example, then play it back, and high-five the other avatar.

Or sword fight yourself.

Or shake hands.

Or I suppose you could make out with yourself. Hey I don't judge.

Unhappy

I have to admit I've done that a few times before. I don't do anything crazy, I don't tie myself up first or anything.....
    (credit to Tom Waites)
    Somewhere between the Darkness and the Light

LOL well, soon, you'll be able to record video of yourself high-Fiving yourself, so that's something! :-D

Chilton, you need to get out of that basement and get some oxygen. And some food. Much congratulations on this evolving app (though I still miss wooden guy). Could legs/feet ever function one day ? If a guy like you ever turned your attention to face capture....

Best wishes.

oh legs work now, I just didn't show it in that video.

You just have to move enough and the legs will follow. If you have a Vive or a Rift with three cameras, you can move around the room and it will follow you.

It will even track you while you crouch walk:

I like the basement. I'm not allergic to it like that 'outside' place people keep telling me about.

-Chilton

And here is a simulation of a person skating around with multiple leg trackers. I don't have multiple trackers so I couldn't test this myself. So I made the simulator:

Frequenter
    Thatīs wild! :-) loving it!!!

What would be required for a setup like you have there, excluding lightwave and a pc.? 'Cos it does look like fun.!

Quote Originally Posted by PetGerbil View Post
    What would be required for a setup like you have there, excluding lightwave and a pc.? 'Cos it does look like fun.!
    Oh any PC that supports HTC Vive or Oculus Rift. Even a laptop works.