Thread: Is it possible to control the PTZ1 cameras with a Panasonic AW-RP50 remote controller

Is it possible to control the PTZ1 cameras with a Panasonic AW-RP50 remote controller

The camera control on the TriCaster Mini interface is the worst I have ever encountered, virtually rendering the PTZ1 cameras useless for our application. Has anyone tried controlling the PTZ1 cameras remotely with a Panasonic AW-RP50 controller? We have a spare one at our facility and would like to utilize it for controlling our two PTZ1 cameras. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, that would be great.

The Panasonic Controller isn't a good option to control the PTZ1 camera.. The PTZ1 uses the VISCA command set, which is not the same as the command set that Panasonic uses..

If you had an old Sony BRC series controller you could use that using RS-232 VISCA cables.. Alternately there is a VISCA I/P controller made by Skaarhoj (https://www.skaarhoj.com/products/ptz-fly/) that works very well, but is not exactly low cost solution.. I've also been told of additional third party (Not NewTek) VISCA I/P Controllers that are being announced, but they likely won't be available till after the NAB show in April.

Another popular solution would be to use a stand alone computer with the NDI Monitor application. The (Free) Monitor application supports camera control.. You can even connect an external Joystick in most instances..

https://www.newtek.com/blog/tips/use...di-ptz-camera/

-Nic

Quote Originally Posted by Tony E. View Post
    The camera control on the TriCaster Mini interface is the worst I have ever encountered, virtually rendering the PTZ1 cameras useless for our application. Has anyone tried controlling the PTZ1 cameras remotely with a Panasonic AW-RP50 controller? We have a spare one at our facility and would like to utilize it for controlling our two PTZ1 cameras. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, that would be great.