Thread: TC1 Headphone Audio Delay

TC1 Headphone Audio Delay

I'm in need of a solution to remove the audio delay from the audio out on my TC1. I have a podcast and want all participants to wear headsets. I tried the headphone out to my headphone amp, but the delay drives me crazy. If I go directly from the mic receivers I have to run multiple XLR's and it's all mono. Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    If you want IFB for your guests you are going to need external audio hardware to accomplish it.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Quote Originally Posted by TysonSugi View Post
    I'm in need of a solution to remove the audio delay from the audio out on my TC1. I have a podcast and want all participants to wear headsets. I tried the headphone out to my headphone amp, but the delay drives me crazy. If I go directly from the mic receivers I have to run multiple XLR's and it's all mono. Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated.
    By delay, I assume you are referring to hearing an echo of your own voice when you talk? If that is the issue, you can certainly set up a mix-minus using the matrix audio routing to create a feed of all audio sources except your own. I don't know how many participants you have in studio there. As there are a total of 4 audio mixes available, and assuming of course that one needs to be the Master output to your audience, that leaves you 3 potential custom mixes (Aux 1, Aux 2, Aux 3). And those could then be routed to specific outputs on the rear to feed ear pieces or headphones, so I believe you could create and monitor 3 unique mix-minus outputs.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1