Thread: Unhappy with Lightwave VT3

Thumbs down Lightwave VT3 a piece of [email protected]

Can't support 3rd party plugins that need a dongle. Doesn't include the saslite.p plugin for Sasquatch. Not actually the 'Full Version' of LW 7.5 that it was advertised to be. Lame.

Good job, Tim.

j

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a "piece of crap".
    "Full Version" means it has all the tools. Plugin capabilities would be called "Full Featured".
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Even though there's no hardware key, the VT[3] version of LightWave still has a "license.key" file so it may work with some third-party plugins - you'd have to check though.

As far as Sas-Lite goes, that was an oversight on NewTek's part - to fix this, download the Discovery Edition and the 7.5c update from ftp.newtek.com, install them and copy the plugins to your VT[3] LightWave folder (there's more than just Sas-Lite missing and Aura is missing plugins too).

Oh, and I think the title of this thread is pretty unfair and very unprofessional...
    "Special power!"

Andrew G. Morgan ~ CG Gunslinger
    Survivor Films Ltd.
    London, UK
    Click here to email me!

James,
    Out of touch or just been in a cave for a while?

It's been said a few times that one can get in touch with NewTek to get a number that the Plugin Developers can use to get you a copy of their code that depends on dongle info.

The lack of SAS lite was a GREAT thing in my opinion.

And it is completely the 7.5c version advertised.

Lack of knowledge with a wicked point for blame is kinda lame, too.

Ok, so the subject is harsh...

...but I was sold VT3 with -full- LW7.5, and I can't install G2, Sasquatch, or any of the other Worley plugins I own on this system. I already checked, Worley won't play with the VT3. Now, I know I could complain to Worley, but Newtek made the 'Full' claim. I am using the SasLite plugin from my old installation, but that's not so good.

j

Again I say,
    Contact NewTek as they are aware of the situation. Perhaps I'm wrong, and I know there are people watching to correct me if that's the case, but I believe they have a program to assist you in such an endeavor.

Have you called them?

Not trying to make light of your situation; I had some dongles go down, too. And no, I don't think it's the best of situations. But I also know there are solutions and trying to pass that on.

thanks...

...but I spoke to Newtek 2 weeks ago. They suggested I buy another license.

j

I have asked Mr Worley about this and, subject to further confirmation, it seems the problem is that all VT3 cards return the same ID unlike standalone LW dongles which each have a unique ID that their plugins can be authorised to.

Since the VTEdit suite now requires an unique authorisation code to remain active beyond 45 days, I would imagine this could be used in some way to allow third party plugins to be authorised.

This is pretty important and needs to addressed as other widely used products will also be affected. Products produced by Dynamic Realities, Shekinah Studios (Vertibevel !!!) and others tie their authorisation codes to LWs unique dongle ID. If the VT3 cannot produce a unique ID, then these products will not be available to VT LW users in the foreseeable future.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all