Thread: Realsoft 3D 8

Realsoft 3D 8

http://realsoft.com

New version of the software from Finland. After long time happy to see another Amiga piece of history still alive!
    Achille

Wow, no news since 2011 and then suddenly this month, Version 8 is released. I remember playing with this piece of software years ago. Their website has not changed in years and I still find the example objects created with Realsoft to be very well done. It's always nice to see old 3d software still chugging along like Realsoft ... another example would be FormZ.
    Gary Chike

A.K.A "The Silver Fox" Gungho3D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chikega View Post
    Wow, no news since 2011 and then suddenly this month, Version 8 is released. I remember playing with this piece of software years ago. Their website has not changed in years and I still find the example objects created with Realsoft to be very well done. It's always nice to see old 3d software still chugging along like Realsoft ... another example would be FormZ.
    Just goes to show: all these years I've been hanging out for Imagine 4.0 for DOS to make a comeback have not been in vain ... I think :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gungho3D View Post
    Just goes to show: all these years I've been hanging out for Imagine 4.0 for DOS to make a comeback have not been in vain ... I think :-)
    Now that's a blast from the past. I spent so much time using Impulse Imagine until they finally folded.
    Gary Chike

Quote Originally Posted by chikega View Post
    another example would be FormZ.
    Yeah, Autodessys has actually been quite active with formZ development the last couple years. Between the new UI work in 7, and the new SDS systems in 8, the last couple versions have brought some rather impressive capabilities to formZ -- the SDS tools, in particular, allow for some really interesting workflows in NURBS<->SDS interplay while modeling. It's nearly to the point where you can move freely back and forth between NURBS and SDS as needed, so long as you're a bit careful about organization.

More competition in modeling space is always a good thing. I'm glad to see Realsoft hanging in there, and they've actually made some fairly interesting advances as well.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti