Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed HQ does not work on new Macs - advice?

Does Standard Edition still use Speed HQ or did Newtek update to XDCAM?

PS. The problem doesn't appear to be with Mac it seems to be with Newtek/Premiere. I can watch the footage in quicktime on my Mac, just can't import it into Premiere...

To know if the recording is XDCAM or SpeedHQ, use MediaInfo to check out the file. I don't recall what version it changed at, so it is best to just check the file using this tool. If the CodecID is 'SHQ*' then is SpeedHQ, if it is 'xd5*' then it is XDCAM.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

An issue you are running into is that many application have moved away from using the Apple QuickTime libraries (even Apple), which is why the NewTek QuickTime codec is not helping. This means that support for media formats is dependent on what media framework is being used by an application (Apple's AV Foundation, FFMPEG, LibAV, DirectShow, Microsoft's Media Foundation, or something custom).

Current Adobe products no longer use the Apple QuickTime libraries, the NewTek codec will not be seen by it.

I've done some testing with current TriCaster systems and compatibility with current Adobe products. XDCAM based recordings work, but SpeedHQ ones will not. If it is SpeedHQ you will need to convert it.

NewTek Recording Formats.pdf
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks for the info Kane. So if I am understanding correctly by reading the chart, the TC AE2 records in XDCam format, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    Thanks for the info Kane. So if I am understanding correctly by reading the chart, the TC AE2 records in XDCam format, correct?
    Yes, starting at the version listed it does (it probably does before, but I'm not sure if very old version might be different).
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12