Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling models, any recommendations?

May the sauce be with you starbase1's Avatar
    yes, blender is easy to export from.

Most insane model I bought on TS was Lunokhod. The guy had even modelled the threads on every bolt!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see that as much of a market for space stuff, it's so focused on figures.

- - - Updated - - -

No, not done those.

I keep dithering over attempting the 'grasshopper' that transported the N1, but there are no good references for the top.
    Faith is the opposite of Intelligence.

Touched by his noodley appendage!
    My Lightwave Graphics & Downloads!!!

Quote Originally Posted by starbase1 View Post
    yes, blender is easy to export from.

Most insane model I bought on TS was Lunokhod. The guy had even modelled the threads on every bolt!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see that as much of a market for space stuff, it's so focused on figures.

- - - Updated - - -

No, not done those.

I keep dithering over attempting the 'grasshopper' that transported the N1, but there are no good references for the top.
    Forgot to recognize that you had that focus, and not models in general, clothes, props is probably something that may be worth doing if you target daz, but for your already made space stuff..probably not.

You can also post a YouTube video of your models and (or course) be sure to state that, "they're for sale, if you want them."

The models I've sold in the past were because people saw them in renders and then sent me in the direction of people who were in need of those exact models for productions they were doing. Lots of studios are on a serious time crunch and just don't have the time to make something from scratch. And if you have a model that fits the bill, you'll be helping them out too.
    Favorite Waves: LW3.5, 5.6c, 7.5, 8.5, 9.6, 2015.

I had a friend that used to create products for Renderosity, which is the standard 50/50 profit gig in most cases. He usually just did his own thing and sales were hit and miss. It was barely beer money but if you manage to churn out enough decent products and advertise them properly then you should be OK for beer money, at least. Not the most top range of overall products (some really good and others just average) but it seems to have a lot of advertising exposure.
    My suggestion is to go to the section labeled "what's hot" and you'll see what sells the best. For Renderosity, the fashion and girly products sell the best. If you are willing to swallow your pride and go for that side of things then you'll likely get more money in the end. Oh, and my friend mentioned that he had issues sometimes when it came to product evaluations (IE to see if it is worthy to sell on their site) and some of his products got rejected for stupid or inane reasons. But that was years ago. I don't know if they are as snooty or not now.

Revanto
    ---------------------
    I'm a Mega 3D dude!!!
    ---------------------
    Check out my friend's OLD Youtube tutorials
    Mix Mash's tutes

May the sauce be with you starbase1's Avatar
    Thanks fpr the suggestions - I want to make money from stuff I enjoy, so I'll be sticking with the space stuff!
    Faith is the opposite of Intelligence.

Touched by his noodley appendage!
    My Lightwave Graphics & Downloads!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12