Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Rendering Tutorials for LightWave 2018/2019... RELEASED!

First of all, the series are great! I finished watching all of them a couple of days ago and I'm really satisfied, thanks Rebel, amazing tutorials!

In the second bb8 video you did a 2m 30s render (frame 250) and you shared your specs (i5, etc). I did the same in my modest PC and the render went to almost 8 minutes (you can see my specs in my signature). Boy, I really want that i5 processor of yours, or maybe you have some tips? something I missed maybe?

Anyway, I liked the series so much I bought the Node series yesterday, downloaded and ready to get my mind blown away! ...again.

Cheers!
    Dell XPS8700 Quad Core i7 [email protected] - 16 GB DDR3 - GeForce GTX 750ti - Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    Well... the quickstart bit is really just a quick basic setup, so dont take those numbers as a general guide... but yes, less grain requires more samples. To get the best balance for render speed on a given scene, you'll want to follow the workflow detailed in the "sampling workflow" video. As for using denoiser to clear up grain... sure perfectly usable, though denoising is always a kind of "interpolation" type trick, so the more you leave to the denoiser, the less precise the results will be. This would be especially noticable in animation. So in that case, it's generally best to get your noise down to a pretty low visibility level via the primary rendering, and only use the denoiser to add the final little polish.
    Would it be appropriate to retitle the thread from "2018" to "2018 / 2019"? If so I can do that.

Edit: Absent any opposing feedback, I've made the change.
    Last edited by Chuck; 02-01-2019 at 10:00 AM.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

sure (imo)
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    I've made the change.
    So you have... and yes, everything in there applies in 2019 too, so is all good.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

In that regard RH, are there any updates to the series past the Dec 2018 release?
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567