Thread: Can't Get LW2108 Licensed

Can't Get LW2108 Licensed

Installed latest LW2018.0.7 from my User Account page onto a "new" laptop. Laptop is running Win10 with Insider Preview Fast ring, ver 18290.1000. I quoted new because this laptop is a 2 year old but fast machine and decided I'd use this now instead of an older slower laptop.

When I drag the license key file onto the splash screen it seems to accept it but when LW is restarted it remains in Discovery Mode and says there's multiple license key files (there's only the one) and same prompt is up to drag/drop. Also, Lightwave program files are identified as malware by Bitdefender.

Another thing I noticed is when LW is installed, it does not appear in Apps & Features in Settings/Control Panel as a listed installed program. Also, Newtek's own Uninstall Lightwave utility does not work. Very strange.

I've tried disabling Bitdefender and actually went as far as resetting laptop back to original Win10 to no avail.

Thoughts?
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

Multiple installs on same machine, perhaps one marked as malware in quarantine, etc. which is confusing LW?

LW shouldn't normally come up marked as malware by Bitdefender (f.e. 2018.0.7 doesn't here), further suggesting there might be another install of potentially dubious src somewhere in that machine -- perhaps in another user account or such?
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Thanks for the reply. I spent the whole day yesterday troubleshooting this. I ended up doing a total clean Win10 reset and updated system and reconfigured my user account. Then I installed LW which installed properly this time. After that I installed Bitdefender and then went and installed LWCAD18 and other software back in. All seems good now. Just a frustrating time yesterday but hey, at least I got to catch up on shows during the process.
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.