Thread: Studio Monitor fails to start, without error

Studio Monitor fails to start, without error

I have been using the NDI Tools on my Windows 10 machine for a few days, without any troubles.

Inexplicably, from yesterday the NDI Studio Monitor refuses to open. If I launch it, there is no effect. I have tried reinstalling, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. but nothing makes any difference.

NDI itself is working just fine (I am developing C++ applications on the same machine, which are sending and receiving as normal) but this very useful utility just won't open.

The only error message I have been able to find is in the Windows Event Viewer - see below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	studio-error.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	143465

Any idea what could be causing this? And how to fix it?

It says the asio4all.dll is failing. This is a 3rd party WDM to ASIO tool that is not part of NDI Studio Monitor. Perhaps uninstall that or see if there is an update to it?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    It says the asio4all.dll is failing. This is a 3rd party WDM to ASIO tool that is not part of NDI Studio Monitor. Perhaps uninstall that or see if there is an update to it?
    Perfect! This fixed it immediately. I didn't even know I had this software installed.

Thank you so much!