Thread: Premium Access and After Effects

Unhappy Premium Access and After Effects

Hi, Has anyone had success with exporting an After Effects animation to LiveGraphics? I've tried multiple times with no success. I created in AE CC 2018 on a Mac and converted on a PC. I've attached a low res video of what I'm trying to make work. On a couple of attempts I got the two text layer to come through but nothing else. I've watched the "Introduction to TriCaster® Rev 7 and Premium Access" numerous times and seem to be following the correct workflow. Too many layers? frames? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm not an AE user, but I do know that there are certain limitations on layer effects. Perhaps that's the problem. I think these are discussed in the included docs, but probably not the video.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I now that expressions are not supported. You have to put separate animation on each layer.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thank You, I am working on simplifying the layers, effects etc. and will update with my progress.

How do you install the pluggin to After Effects if it's not on the same PC as your TriCaster? Can it be downloaded or transferred?

Use the same Premium Access installer for the TC1/VMC1 on the system with After Effects. It should automatically select the correct options, but you can verify that it will install the plug-in and Adobe content.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Please clarify this. Im not happy whith this realization of this limitation after reading the sales points.

"Custom AE Animations

Produce and present moving titles, motion graphics, and looping effects with comprehensive support for Adobe® After Effects® CC animations, including real-time rendering of layer styles, motion, expressions, text, and more."

https://www.newtek.com/npa/livegraphics/features/

Looks like I was mistaken, I just tried an AE expression and it is working in LiveGraphics. Might of been an issue during the beta and never came back to look at it again.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.