Thread: The Lion King-Another generation of funny, beautiful, and cute animals

The Lion King-Another generation of funny, beautiful, and cute animals

Well..the classics was nicely animated withing the style of looking animated, this time they are going for the current more traditionally modern 3D style...

A lot of animals and fur, Itīs looking pretty sweet and it will be interesting to read the vfx behind the scenes.

Everything in the trailer looks good but the original will always be the best version. Even though I do 3D for a living I always prefer classical animation. Many 3D movies these days really seem to lack a soul that many classically animated movies have that make them very memorable. Hopefully watching this will get a younger generation to watch the original if they haven't yet.
    https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    Everything in the trailer looks good but the original will always be the best version. Even though I do 3D for a living I always prefer classical animation. Many 3D movies these days really seem to lack a soul that many classically animated movies have that make them very memorable. Hopefully watching this will get a younger generation to watch the original if they haven't yet.

Well..I kind of thought the same some time ago, but I think 3D and the way how they do characters today..has gotten to a point that I find it equally full of Soul (for some pictures)
    I think I saw a trend change when Ice age came about...which I think had that kind of soul element in it that previously mostly 2d animated movies used to bring on.

Looking back at the old classic Lion king and what Ivé seen so far in this one...personally I may prefer the new one, but that is a bit in a veil since I havenīt seen it all yet.

Funny...Just had a glimpse of Tarzan that aired yesterday, only the last couple of minutes with wild animals running loose, thought it was awful...and I remember when a story and good acting and nice cinematography mattered in
    the older Tarzan..the legend of greystoke in 1984, with some great acting scenes between Ian Holm and Christoffer Lambert.
    In that case it is a story and acting driven movie against, a VFX action driven story in the shape of Alexander Skarsgård....the 1984 is way better for me.

In terms of classic lion king, the focus may have been more on the story and emotion, compared to the new one that is a hybrid of high realism and keeping some emotions in it to match the older animated movie, where
    the classica animated movies really donīt have much rules on how the image is drawn to predict a certain motion, and where the 3D movie actually has some limits bound to the 3d world and trying to match a more realistic environment.

3D / 2D

i like both

Lion King in 3D, i guess it is a way to make money since re-releasing the 2D version wouldn't make all that much
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Judging by what I see in this trailer, it seems as if they went out of their way to use the exact camera shots [camera and characters] from the original 2D version. Don't forget that a lot of the original Lion King used the CAPS system, which was 3D aware. We'll have to see this Summer though whether this one can "measure up to" or "beat" the original.