Thread: Loss of Inputs on a Blue Screen

UK based Live Production

Loss of Inputs on a Blue Screen

This has happened too many times to be honest on several of our Tricasters.

Everything running happily and then a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) - see pic 1

Then reboot and all inputs just show a blue screen

I've been told you can reset drivers for the tricaster using UpdateForce_SHUTDOWN.bat but I get a message saying hardware not found.

Is there anyway to reset the SDI ports without the full restore etc...

Just in case this happens to you, sometimes its good to do a full shutdown and then leave it a few minutes and a hard reboot does o the trick . So now I am back up and running myself but the next step is a full restore a reload updates which takes quite a while.

Thanks for any tips @steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20181122-WA0011.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	143399
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20181122-WA0013.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	143400

I work with a half dozen different model TriCasters daily, including both alpha and beta software revisions, and can honestly say that blue screens are about as rare as unicorns. This suggests either some problematic software condition (some errant dll, for example) or practice (corrupt or badly supported media file), or a hardware issue (typically RAM).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

UK based Live Production
    Well we do have some poorly machines I agree currently... RAM is always number 1 for this we've found but the message was intending to help anyone who has had this and then gets the blue screens - its useful to try a few hard reboots.

This machine had never blue screened and did 3 solid days of hard work over the weekend afterwards so its staying out of sickbay for now

Quote Originally Posted by adebats View Post
    This machine had never blue screened and did 3 solid days of hard work over the weekend afterwards so its staying out of sickbay for now
    Glad to hear it!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")