Thread: I'm asking for your help

I'm asking for your help

Hi,
    My wife and I have owned Toasters since 1990 and now it's sadly time to say goodby. We have the VT-5.3 with the SDI In and Out and the SX-84 breakout box. The host computer is a Super-micro dual Intel Xeon with a 12TB internal video raid in a workstation/server tower. This Vt-5 works as flawless as the Toaster ever could and we enjoyed using it over the years and kept it in beautiful shape. It's not even dusty inside. There is also Mirage, DVD Workshop, Canopus Pro-coder and Nero. I would like to ask anyone how I could go about selling it? Does anyone know of anybody that could use or collect Toasters or any user groups that I could contact?

Thank you,
    Carlo

Hi Carlo,

I too use the VT-5.3. It works great for videotape transfer work. Probably the best way to sell it would be to list it on Ebay. How much are you planning to ask for it?

Thanks,
    Marty
    Common Gear Used:
    Tricaster TCXD460
    VT5
    Cameras: Sony NX5U
    Cabling: SDI

I am not sure of the current value of the complete system with all the software, all the manuals and a host computer of this caliber. Could you or anyone please give me an educated guess? Your knowledge would be greater than mine.

Thank you,
    Carlo

Unfortunately, as you know this equipment is old now and will probably not sale for a lot of money. Putting it on Ebay may bring $1,000 to $1,500 if your lucky. I don't think there will be much demand for it any more. That's just my guess. Wish I could help you more. Are you retiring from doing video or have you moved on to newer technology?

Marty
    Common Gear Used:
    Tricaster TCXD460
    VT5
    Cameras: Sony NX5U
    Cabling: SDI