Thread: Forum error 1015

Forum error 1015

Hello,

Since yesterday I can't access forum because after 2 clicks I got an error 1015:
    ================================================== =
    Error 1015 Ray ID: 47aa814f3af4c5c2 • 2018-11-16 14:04:09 UTC
    You are being rate limited
    What happened?

The owner of this website (forums.newtek.com) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 47aa814f3af4c5c2 • Your IP: XX.X.X.X • Performance & security by Cloudflare
    ================================================== =
    If I open links once per 30 seconds then it works but If I open 2 link in 5-10 seconds then it block me.

NewTek Engineering
    Thanks for letting us know about the error! We're in the middle of tweaking the settings, looks like they're a bit too strict. Don't worry, we'll relax the settings shortly.

NewTek Engineering
    OK, we've made some changes for the better and you should no longer see such issues. However, if anyone should run into a problem like this, please let us know.
    Thanks for your patience!

Thanks. Now it works fine

Quote Originally Posted by JBro View Post
    OK, we've made some changes for the better and you should no longer see such issues. However, if anyone should run into a problem like this, please let us know.
    Thanks for your patience!
    Ran into problems like this with one of cloudflare's competitors when working for a major website a few years ago (10-15m discrete visitors / hour on a moderate day, 10 times that during a major weather event... ). I figured that it was either a misconfiguration similar to what you said or you were getting DDOSed hardcore. I didn't see any reports of widespread attacks against cloudflare or any of their major customers, and couldn't think of anyone who'd be pissed at Newtek enough to DOS you guys. The other option was something wrong at Cloudflare with their session proxies since the only time I saw the error was when I tried to log in.

Glad to see you've got it under control. Find out if they'll send you reports and logs of things like this. They should be able to inform you when suddenly they're blocking large percentages of your traffic. I'm surprised that's not a default for them, to be honest.