Thread: Going back to V1

Going back to V1

V2 is so buggy and at present is really unusable for us due to huge PTZ camera control problems. Is it possible to revert to V1? I have all the versions and updates on the machine in my "Updates" directory.

Save them to another dive to be safe, export your macros if you have any etc and then do a system restore and update last version you liked.

- - - Updated - - -

And please file any bugs you find with fogbugz so they can get fixed

Quote Originally Posted by yottyboy View Post
    V2 is so buggy and at present is really unusable for us due to huge PTZ camera control problems. Is it possible to revert to V1? I have all the versions and updates on the machine in my "Updates" directory.
    Are you referring to Advanced Edition Ver. 2 (for Pro line models, 8000 and down), or TC1/VMC1 V2?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

TC! build 7-0-181017. The PTZ camera control is kablooey.

Version 7-0-181102 has been released, you might give that a try. It lists a PTZ fix in the release notes.

http://new.tk/dl
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks, which surface are you using? I'd like to look into this. (I assume you're using a surface, since I've not seen a problem in the UI)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Update:
    Krystal sent us a Beta release which fixed the PTZ issues, however the rest of the functionality went out the window...surface locked up, m/e banks froze, lots of fun stuff like that. I attempted to revert to the previous version of TC1 but I must have done something wrong cz now it says "TriCaster not found on this system" and it won't install. Box is pretty much dead right now.

Quote Originally Posted by yottyboy View Post
    Update:
    Krystal sent us a Beta release which fixed the PTZ issues, however the rest of the functionality went out the window...surface locked up, m/e banks froze, lots of fun stuff like that. I attempted to revert to the previous version of TC1 but I must have done something wrong cz now it says "TriCaster not found on this system" and it won't install. Box is pretty much dead right now.
    PMing you about the install

Update:
    Did a restore and updated to last known good version of the V1 software. All done before the show rolled in there at 1:30 so the production didn't suffer and the operators are super happy to have their V1 back. I think I'll stay away from the "new" version for a while. Butt still smoldering from all this fire.

I think it must be the case that something went astray with your update. Many of us here have been running the 'new' version for quite a long time without the kind of things you encountered. (That said, I'd never criticize a prudent update policy.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator