Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Free Flowchart software, or very cheap Good ones?

Quote Originally Posted by RPSchmidt View Post
    It's not free, but if you subscribe to Office 365, it now comes with Visio.

So while it's not free, it is relatively low cost and you can always cancel your sub when you don't want it any more.
    Really not an option for me privately, personally...unless it is at a very low cost.
    Though I am not sure about office 365 at work, have to check again...not sure if we can update that at work.
    Itīs really not that crucial to have it at all..not for me personally ..nor at work, ergo free options is way more priorited than Any commercial version.

Blog Entries
    Thinking about MS have you checkout Microsoft Whiteboard. free seems like it could work.
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

Quote Originally Posted by calilifestyle View Post
    Thinking about MS have you checkout Microsoft Whiteboard. free seems like it could work.
    Took a look at it, but I donīt think that is what I wanted or want, itīs more like advanced digital freeform whiteboard and sharing options, I do not see any similar flow chart tools, that can be changed and structured nicely..that is
    what I want.

Wps writer, and the other tools mentioned ..they are all very similar, some tools is missing some options that others have and vice versa.
    I may get the time to check all these and get back with feedback during christmas, but Microsoft whiteboard I think I will skip testing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Took a look at it, but I donīt think that is what I wanted or want, itīs more like advanced digital freeform whiteboard and sharing options, I do not see any similar flow chart tools, that can be changed and structured nicely..that is
    what I want.

Wps writer, and the other tools mentioned ..they are all very similar, some tools is missing some options that others have and vice versa.
    I may get the time to check all these and get back with feedback during christmas, but Microsoft whiteboard I think I will skip testing.
    I know what you mean, there's tools that almost do what you need but missing few things that you need or want in it. I really hate that so much.
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

Quote Originally Posted by calilifestyle View Post
    I know what you mean, there's tools that almost do what you need but missing few things that you need or want in it. I really hate that so much.
    Yes, very much agreed. Just today I was testing a new visual git tool (gitsmart) to replace GitKraken, and it's just about perfect, excepting the fact that it cannot compare changes to images. Sigh. Well, with a preference setting it will open an external graphics viewer and display both versions, but it's not QUITE the same.

It's always like that, isn't it.
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Can any git tool support image file versioning? I thought git was limited to text files. Svn may be better suited.
    LW7.5D, LW2015.3, LW2018.0.x running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Git will keep track of changes in binary files such as images and source files (psd, pld, etc). Viewing those changes is a different matter, and some visual clients support side-by-side image diff viewing. GitSmart does not, but it is possible to tell it to open image files and other binary files with an editor of your choice.

For example, I have source PhotoLine files which GitSmart will send the two versions of to PhotoLine for comparison. It actually works quite well.
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Try Visual Understanding Environment (VUE) - it's free - I've used it in the past for flow-charting and mind-maps and its pretty good.

Here's the link: http://vue.tufts.edu/

Summary:
    "The Visual Understanding Environment (VUE) is an Open Source project based at Tufts University. The VUE project is focused on creating flexible tools for managing and integrating digital resources in support of teaching, learning and research. VUE provides a flexible visual environment for structuring, presenting, and sharing digital information."
    iemedia solutions:
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel
    Scavengers SciFi novel:
    Amazon UK
    Amazon USA

Quote Originally Posted by inkpen3d View Post
    Try Visual Understanding Environment (VUE) - it's free - I've used it in the past for flow-charting and mind-maps and its pretty good.

Here's the link: http://vue.tufts.edu/

Summary:
    "The Visual Understanding Environment (VUE) is an Open Source project based at Tufts University. The VUE project is focused on creating flexible tools for managing and integrating digital resources in support of teaching, learning and research. VUE provides a flexible visual environment for structuring, presenting, and sharing digital information."

Will take a look at that tomorrow I think, meanwhile I found this...

https://www.draw.io

Getting started..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfY5BN-Saho

Two things I donīt like though
    - need to onlilne and maybe even logged in to a microsoft account,
    Edited-offline version....
    https://about.draw.io/integrations/#...ations_offline

And..I canīt seem to find a way to edit manipulate the shapes except for standard scale, rotat transforms...almost any other of these
    kind of flow chart tools can do that, so once again, always something misssing.

Otherwise it looks great..
    + so easy to drag connectors, change them, you can even drag a shape between two other shapes where ther is a connector ..and hold ctrl while doing so and it will place the new shape inbetween the other shapes.
    + It seem to have quite many shapes available ..on contrary to many others that just comes with basic shapes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12