Thread: NDI Display on TV

NDI Display on TV

What devices are folks using to display NDI program outputs on TVs these days? We have one TV in a studio that I want to display an NDI signal on when we're live.
    Gabe Thomas

Gear Used:
    Tricaster Mini (AE)
    JVC GY-HM600 & JVC GY‑HM620U
    Livetext with LTscoreboards2 (Datalink from Daktronics AllSportCG)

I've used these successfully, depending on your needs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't think you could rely on one to show two video sources simultaneously (one full frame and the other as an overlay), but I've left it running for days displaying a single 1080i (or 30p) stream.

This is about the most economical solution I've found that was reliable. It runs cool, and you just need to sort out the issues related to Win10 updates (and probably delete Candy Crush and other unwanted dross).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I've quite successfully used the Intel Compute Stick:

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Compute...0cL&ref=plSrch

Is a bit more expensive than Steve's solution above but it's very slick and quite flexible.

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Thanks for the responses Steve and Fritz. So do you run Studio Monitor on it and just run at startup? Does it launch to the source you want full screen every time? Thanks
    Gabe Thomas

Gear Used:
    Tricaster Mini (AE)
    JVC GY-HM600 & JVC GY‑HM620U
    Livetext with LTscoreboards2 (Datalink from Daktronics AllSportCG)

Quote Originally Posted by GThomas View Post
    Thanks for the responses Steve and Fritz. So do you run Studio Monitor on it and just run at startup? Does it launch to the source you want full screen every time? Thanks
    Studio Monitor launches automatically on bootup. If the assigned source is awol on launch, Studio Monitor shows black until it comes online. I have the devices set up to autoboot on power up, so if the power fails (I have 5 of these online right now) they launch again automatically when it's restored.

BTW, I don't use a keyboard and mouse to manage them. I installed Chrome Remote Desktop on them all, and can access them remotely as necessary.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I've not done an auto startup since I've been using the Compute Stick for many different applications, both NDI and otherwise.

Once you have it set up you also don't need a keyboard or mouse. There's a cool little free app that turns your phone into a mousepad and keyboard for any computer connected on the same network segment:

http://remotemouse.net/

The paid version might even have more application to NDI (EG, PTZ control maybe?) but I've not purchased as of yet.

Cheers!

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications