Thread: PTZ Camera not found in new session

PTZ Camera not found in new session

Hi,

I have just updated my Tricaster Mini to the latest firmware.

I opened an old session and plugged in my Newtek NDI Camera and it was found and displayed in the old session with no problem.

I started a new session to try to get to the bottom of a router issue and selected the Newtek NDI camera from the list of sources but I only got a black screen.

I also have VMix running on a computer on the network and it has no problem seeing the camera. I can pull the camera into Tricaster by selecting the VMix output so Full NDI is working.

I must repeat though if I leave the session and load the old session the Camera is available on the Tricaster and the VMix at the same time.

I can only assume this is a problem with NDI/HX and the new session loads a different driver or config file which doesn't see the camera whereas the old session loads in a the previous driver or config file which does see the camera.

Also the version of VMix is the latest as is the firmware on the camera.

More issues found since the update to Tricaster:

As listed above I can see any video from my PTZ camera which is NDI/HX. I have also noticed there is no audio on the HDMI input. I have check the audio input settings and they are follow input. I have checked in the old session created under the previous Tricaster firmware and there is audio but not in the new session. I have reloaded the NDI/HX driver and started a new session but still not PTZ camera pictures (It is discovered in the input source list) and no audio on my HDMI inputs.

Which audio inputs? Input 1 or 2? Did you change the audio source type to HDMI, they default to Line and Microphone.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

OK fixed I had it set to "Follow Input 2" but I didn't realise I also had to click the gear button and set that to HDMI.

Thanks.

Any news on why my NDI/HX camera has no picture in new sessions? Old sessions work fine.

I just tried TriCaster software version 5-1-180911 with PTZ1. I'm not have any issues with the camera appearing as an input in a new session.

Have you tired contacting support? Only other thing I can think of is to verify that the TriCaster network type is Home/Work/Private, not Public.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Maybe try updating both the nVidia graphics driver and Intel built-in graphics drivers. That can sometimes fix performance issues

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

I will do that next week. My only question though is why does the camera picture appear if I load the old session but not if I load the new session?

Hi Kane,

I posted in my BMD SmartHub post that I have now got this to work. The network type was set to Work already so this didn't solve it. The only thing I can think of is that I actually turned the Tricaster off instead of just a reboot after reloading the latest NDI/HX Driver.