Thread: Blackmagic SmartHub Router control

Blackmagic SmartHub Router control

Hi,

Sorry I know this has been posted a couple of times but I am unable to get this work.

I have a Tricaster Mini with ADV 2 Ver. 5-1-180911

I have loaded the router_setup xml file up and done the following combinations to the Tricaster to recognise my BMD 20x20 SmartHub

I have set Blackmagic discovery to True

I have set Blackmagic discovery to false and instead entered the IP address. I have left the Port No. as 9990

I have set Blackmagic discovery to true and entered the IP address

None of these changes have enabled the Tricaster to connect to the BMD.

Could some please help.

Frank

I'll have to test when I get a chance (i'm traveling right now). I've got a AJA Kumo, so that would at least let me know if it is working with some model unit. Could you upload a copy of your router_setup.xml file to take a look at?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

router_setup.xml.txt

Thanks Kane I have attached a txt version of the xml file.

I have reduced the mapping down to 4 inputs as it is for a Tricaster Mini.

Hi Kane, any update on how we can integrate the SmartHub with Tricaster?

Hi ,

no version 5.1 available here. However I made a quick test with a VMC1 running first V7 release, I can control without trouble a Sienna NDI router which uses BMD router protocol.

I checked your file :

<routers>

<config>

<!-- blackmagicdesign_config discovery="true"/
    -->
    <blackmagicdesign ip="192.168.0.150" port="9990" name="Blackmagic Videohub"/>

</config>

Looks the discovery setting is still as a comment. Try :

<routers>

<config>

<blackmagicdesign_config discovery="false"/>

<blackmagicdesign ip="192.168.0.150" port="9990" name="Blackmagic Videohub"/>

</config>

Thanks Kane I will try tonight

router_setup.txt

Hi Kane,

As you can see I have changed the config file but unfortunately the tricaster still can't see the BMD SmartHub. I have rebooted the Tricaster. On another note the PTZ camera issue has resolved itself.

I don't use these routers myself, but it looks to me like there might be a typo in Kane's example. (Kane, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Shouldn't the line <blackmagicdesign_config discovery="false"/> rather be <blackmagicdesign_config discovery="true"/>?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

If you enter the IP adress manually, false setting should be OK, that's how I use it.

I have entered false and the router IP address still no joy find the smarthub on the list of iinputs. One thing I should mention is that I have a Mini with HDMI inputs. I am taking the SDI inputs via convertors. I don't suppose the Blackmagic is sending any handshake through the SDI feed itself? I have attached the latest router_setup to show the discovery is set to false now.router_setup.txt

I took your router config file, replaced the BlackMagic entry with my AJA KUMO router info. When I got into TriCaster, the Kumo appeared, so your XML appears to be good. I can only think that it is one of two things. Either something configured incorrectly on the BMD SmartHub or that BMD control is broken in router control. Unfortunately, I do not have a BMD router to test with to help determine which is the case.

If it matters, I tested on a TC Mini HDMI with AE2 5-1-181031 (I'm on a beta software release).
    Last edited by kanep; 11-12-2018 at 11:03 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane, the only other thing I can think of is if the switch is blocking the traffic on that port. I have also posted in the BMD forum. Whatever happens if I fix it I will post the result for other members.

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    Frank, have you opened a case with our support department? If so can you let me know the case number?
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Hi Zane,

I haven't opened a case as I assumed first it wasn't something I was doing wrong. I have a job this weekend with the Tricaster so I will open a case.

In the meantime if anyone else has any thoughts I'm happy to keep on trying.

Many thanks