Thread: TC1 file name recordings

TC1 file name recordings

hello. first time posting, I have a TC1 up to date with the newest updates.

I'm looking to see if its possible to have file name recordings be generated from an excel or google sheets document?

thanks

The Record Config panel allows you to use DataLink keys to define the base filename. This is a fairly easy way to do what you want, since the key values can be taken from a CSV (or ascii text) file saved to the DataLink Watch folder.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I have an free web app called 'SpreadSheet' and will allow you to send in DataLink updated from a CSV file. One of the workflows is just as you describe, use the DataLink keys as filenames for recording.

You can download it from here: http://kanelp7.wixsite.com/kanesworld/spreadsheet
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    I have an free web app called 'SpreadSheet' and will allow you to send in DataLink updated from a CSV file. One of the workflows is just as you describe, use the DataLink keys as filenames for recording.

You can download it from here: http://kanelp7.wixsite.com/kanesworld/spreadsheet
    trying to download the exe file on the tricaster but it's not running the exe file.
    have you experienced this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by bosk View Post
    trying to download the exe file on the tricaster but it's not running the exe file.
    have you experienced this issue?
    I have heard of this issue, but not seen it on my own systems. What I'm told works is to run the installer off a memory stick or launch the installer .exe from a dos prompt window.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Right click on the Exe flie > Unblock.

I had a similar issue installed the Exe files. the work around that Kane describes works - save it to a memory stick, then install from the stick.
    Marty Jenoff
    TC-1
    TC 40 v2
    Canon c100, Canon XF305, XF205, XF105
    Focal Point Productions, Inc.
    Baltimore, Maryland
    www.focalpp.com

Quote Originally Posted by doctorsunshine View Post
    Right click on the Exe flie > Unblock.
    Thanks for this info.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

I have verified that the 'unblock' option mentioned above fixes the issue with installing my applications. I've added this information to the site where you can download my apps.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post

can you explain the steps for setting up the datalink keys as filename recordings,
    i have the sheets app working for name keys

Quote Originally Posted by bosk View Post
    can you explain the steps for setting up the datalink keys as filename recordings,
    i have the sheets app working for name keys
    In the TriCaster recording configuration window, you can use DataLink keys for the filename of the recording. If fact you will see that the pointer changes to have a "%DL" icon attached to it, which will let you know that this field is DataLink enabled. Enter it just like any other DataLink field (%sheet...)

Note that filename will be what the DataLink key is when recording is started, changing it after recording has started will have no effect.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

is there a way to get recording file name to advance to the next key=value everytime i stop and start recording?
    Last edited by bosk; 11-13-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Yes, I built a feature in Spreadsheet just for this workflow (actually, you should thank Brett Beanan for this feature). You can have it follow the tally of a channel on the TriCaster, when that channel goes 'off' program it will perform and a 'send and advance' in the Spreadsheet app.

Make a macro that will control your recording and put the channel in question on then off program. It doesn't have to be anything visible, for example, you could put empty buffer 15 in a DSK on output the take it off to trigger the Spreadsheet app to advance.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

thank you i will look into this

my next issue, yesterday i set my password on my tc1 for the windows log in.
    previously i was using the webkey wih the defualt admin/admin login but now the web key settings trying to log into the tricaster IP its not accepting my new password. ..wtf lol

The password for the TriCaster web server is not affected by the Window password. You can reset the TC web server password in the Administration Tools under 'Set LivePanel Password'
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.