Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wind and cloth FXs

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    Hope this helps
    Except your demo reel....The links are not working, I know that vimeo as of latest years.. have screwed this up somehow, linking to youtube is working to embedd in these forums..but not vimeo.

And yes..the flag behind the aeroplane is looking good, but you see..the thing is that it doesnīt fold over itself very much, so that effect I know I could get with bullet fx,
    itīs when the wind is dropping rapidly..then picking up force again that you may see a flag fold overlap a bit..itīs not present in the reel.

Unfortunately I can not verify if you had something that shows this in the other links...sadly broken.

I Will put up a sample of what I mean about more detailed cloth folding of the flag in the weekend, dog tired and have to jump in to bed to manage tomorrows work.

Check those links..check those links

That's really weird...all the links are working here. The first one goes to my website, the rest go directly to the Vimeo website.

If anybody else here can check, please do.

I'll check the privacy settings for the videos.

Edit 1: Ok, I'm back. The privacy setting on two of the links didn't include this domain. I set these to work 'anywhere'. The other two should have been ok.

Edit 2: Actually, I don't think that should have made any difference since I'm not embedding the videos here. These videos at Vimeo are all set to allow anybody to view, so the links really should work here.

That's really weird...all the links are working here. The first one goes to my website, the rest go directly to the vimeo site.

I'll check the privacy settings.

If anybody else here can check, please do.
    log out and use this forum as a guest and try the links.
    perhaps also clear browser cache before doing so.

I can not find any of those videos on your main vimeo page, only some reels and other stuff, so I think they are not public..not listed or something.

Can only get your demo reel to work when clicking on any of the links, I think you need to re-paste the new links to those vids you change settings for.

A-ha! Thanks. I logged out of Vimeo, and you're right, I can't link to the videos from here. I think the links are okay but something must be funny about the privacy settings. I'll look at it again later.

BTW, you won't find them searching on Vimeo. That's been disabled except as direct links since I don't want a zillion test videos appearing in our public channels.

As for the flag folding against itself, that's just a matter of turning on self-collision. The same would be true if you're using ClothFX. I obviously didn't need it in that example, and I usually leave it off unless it's absolutely necessary. (Time, money, blah, blah, blah...)

I'll see if I can dig up an example with self-collision. The shirt example in the last link (which isn't showing up yet) has folding but it doesn't really have self-collision, it just looks like it does.

Ok, they should be working now. I had to make everything a private link to work from here.

Thanks for helping me sort that out.

Regarding the Newtek forum's inline videos feature, yeah, this seems have been broken for Vimeo for a while now. YouTube still works, as you noted.

Ok, they should be working now. I had to make everything a private link to work from here.

Thanks for helping me sort that out.

Regarding the LightWave forum's inline videos, yeah, this feature seems have been broken for Vimeo for a while; YouTube still works, as you noted.
    Great..all links working now.
    Good samples, it still isnīt quite the detailed flag or cloth fold I am refering to, you have some good folds in the brudder character for cloth, but that is more standard cloth, imagine very thin flag or silk style...I will try and render something this weekend ..as well as trying out the same with bullet to compare clothfx and bullet.

Flags can of course be of various materials, thinner silk like cloth and you got it folding with wrinkles quite detailed.

Regarding Vimeo...I think someone needs to notify the Vimeo guys that it is problematic to link/ embedd videos from their site, as opposed to Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Regarding Vimeo...I think someone needs to notify the Vimeo guys that it is problematic to link/ embedd videos from their site, as opposed to Youtube.
    I don't think it's a Vimeo problem. I can embed videos from Vimeo to other forums and to my own website just fine. It's only here where it seems broken.

Probably should report this to Newtek's support.

I don't think it's a Vimeo problem. I can embed videos from Vimeo to other forums and to my own website just fine. It's only here where it seems broken.

Probably should report this to Newtek's support.
    That could of course be the case.

Hitting the sack for now, back at the weekend for checking more clothFX and bullet flags.

i still prefer the look of ClothFX for simpler simulations,
    having said that, neither Bullet or ClothFX is perfect, both of them are alright for their use.
    both have cons/pros.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12