Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Outdated tutorials

We do with Volume, but you need to have the Stats panel open to make best use of Volume selection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modeler_2018-12-13_21-49-27.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	143603

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (388.13, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    We do with Volume, but you need to have the Stats panel open to make best use of Volume selection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modeler_2018-12-13_21-49-27.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	143603

B
    BeeVee, I am not sure you read my previous post? I did say we have volume, but it isnīt working anywhere near what a selection does when you have textured or shaded viewports, and the volume statistics
    doesnīt do anything to exclude certain parts, where you to draw with lasso tool in a front viewport with those viewport modes, you would only select the front (unless using wireframe) and thatīs what I would want.
    with volume it will select everything in depth, no matter how you set your volume, simple flat or volume doesnīt matter, if you try to move or scale only the front part, you can not do that in volume (selection mode)

So I am asking for a marquee, that apart from the obvious, only selecting the front part where I draw my marque, and not everything behind it, I would also need such marquee tool to highlight the selected polys to clearly show what is selected, Volume mode lacks these things.

You can try blender and itīs box selection (shortcut b) thatīs how it should work...Plain and simple.

Edit..correction, You can ofcourse change volume size to only cover the depth area you need, and also a bit with the statistics panel, but still why so complicated, as mentioned..it should be enough with dragging a marquee around it..without manually having to set a depth control, that can be useful in some cases..but in other cases you may not want that.
    and to add, you can only perform certain operations in that mode, you can not use extend for instance...comparing to a polyselection in lightwave, or the box selection in blender, you can do such operation on that selected part directly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123