Thread: Howler 2019

Howler 2019

These are a few of the tools in Howler 2019, with more on the way...

• Brush stroke preview
    • Rewritten text tool
    • Visual Recently Used Documents list
    • Save frame sequences from the hightmap renderer
    • GUI improvements, including mip map scaling and refinements
    • more coming...

For more of what's new...
    http://squirreldome.com/WhatsNew.htm

Dan, a couple of weeks ago I saw your presentation on the LightWave Roundtable Discussion where you showcased your personal music video project which was really interesting and a pleasure to watch. If I may say so, you greatly understate yourself and your talents.

Looks awesome. What is the upgrade policy going to be? I bought the current version a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying learning it's ins-and-outs. Though it's a bit .... interesting... handling 8k images. Will the new version be able to handle large images any better?

Scott

Contact me ([email protected]) and I'll get a link for a pro-rate. If you ordered in oct, you get that much deducted from the upgade price.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ritchie View Post
    Contact me ([email protected]) and I'll get a link for a pro-rate. If you ordered in oct, you get that much deducted from the upgade price.
    Dropped you an e-mail from the same address I purchased under. I bought on the 24th of Oct. Love the polar tool, btw. Already helped me with a particularly troublesome texturing problem for a book cover project.

Scott

I bought 2019 a few days ago, and have found it to be buggy. I'm not surprised by that though - it's early beta! I'll let Dan know about what I've found. The one thing I always like to do is use a beta ONLY for non-client experimental things, so I like to have two versions installed. But for some reason, I couldn't do that with this version. It made my other version unusable. I do buy in early since I like to support independent developers.

You can run 2 versions side by side if you set them up to run as administrator. It's a COM thing.

Sorry you found bugs in the program. We are aware of a visual glitch (which doesn't effect the underlying image) and we are working on it.

If you are having GPU related problems, this is due to Windows TDR (timeout delay something or other) which resets the GPU after 2 seconds. you can change this time to whatever you like, if you experience problems. Sorry, but it's a Windows feature.

If you find other bugs, please drop us an email.

In 2019, we're changing our business model. We are no longer able to fund 6 months development cycles out of our pockets, so we are doing shorter ones, and more updates during the year. Actually, we were already doing an update about once a month, so nothing's really changed except we're not working for free anymore.
    Last edited by Dan Ritchie; 11-06-2018 at 10:47 AM.

Dan,

Thanks for replying. I'll try the suggestions you mentioned here.

I had sent you an email just a bit ago about the issues, so you can ignore that one if you wish. I should have checked here first.