Thread: Choppy / Glitchy DDR playback while recording on TC1

Choppy / Glitchy DDR playback while recording on TC1

We have A TC1 that has had a few DDR issues that manifest themselves in different ways and at different times.

-The first issue that came up was that the DDR1 playout channel would have issues playing back clips. It didn't matter if we would record them locally or externally. It didn't matter if the clips were generated by record or imported from a media cache the playout channel wouldn't play them out. BUT, If I took any clip in any fashion as mentioned above and move them to DDR2 the clips would play just fine.

- The second issue with the DDR came after rebuilding the show on a new session. It seemed to have eliminated the DDR1 playback but has now manifested itself in a new way. While playing back on BOTH DDR1 & DDR2 the clip will be choppy glitchy if the DDR's are recording simultaneously. As a test to see if it were the record drives I changed my record destination to a locally mapped drive instead of an external. Although the severity of the symptoms decreased the problem still is there.

Has anyone else come across this issue and if so was there a solution to the issue?

Thanks

I’ve seen this before, more on a sporadic basis when we played mp4’s or imported them incorrectly. I believe MOVs are the standard for ddr content. How are you importing the videos?

What version are you running? Making sure the drives are defragmented is needed if you record/delete a lot of content. I have been working with the dev team as I was seeing an issue with the replay feature where during replay it would randomly pause during the playback. Recent versions of the software have helped with this. I was recording 4 ISO along with 2 rtmp streams ( ~ 10mbit of mp4)

Lightbulb glitching

switched mine to high quality .mp4 recording of output and worked fine otherwise glitched on playback

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

The videos that are import get done through a network server. The DDR recordings have been mapped to an internal & external server to test for different results. There doesn't seem to be anything indicating that either would be the issue? The problem ONLY occurs when there's a simultaneous record and playback. If I record or import then play it back without recording either route taken will playback just fine.

What was the solution to your MP4 issue?

I'll give the defragmenting a try.