Thread: New TC1 Update Messed UP PTZ Camera Control & Presets

New TC1 Update Messed UP PTZ Camera Control & Presets

Where did all the PTZ control go with the new TC1 update? I see that you can get to the PTZ in whatever input you set it to. The control surface no longer controls the camera, very bad! And where did the PTZ tab go??? I live on that tab during a broadcast so I can quickly change the camera. Now it looks like I have to:

1. Click the gear icon of the input
    2. Click the preset I want

That is more steps than just having the PTZ tab at the bottom. Even if I had the admin page open on another computer/screen, it doesn't show the video nor the preset thumbnail.

This is a bad update!

Changes to the control surface are described in the What's New doc you can view on launch, as well as the main docs. This includes PTZ control, which I can tell you in advance will be further updated in the next release.

As to the rest, note that (while we plan further updates in this area) previously you had to a) click the PTZ tab, if you were viewing DDRs as is often the case, b) click the camera icon you wanted to control, and c) click the preset. The new method often involves 1 less click, or at worst the same number. But you are no longer limited to 8 PTZ camera.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Yeh guys, please fix it. It doesn't work at all even with the latest build. If you have ethernet cameras SDI going to the NCIO, then PTZ control don't work at all. Only works in "local input" but then you don't get any video....are we supposed to rewire the studio?

Quote Originally Posted by yottyboy View Post
    Yeh guys, please fix it. It doesn't work at all even with the latest build. If you have ethernet cameras SDI going to the NCIO, then PTZ control don't work at all. Only works in "local input" but then you don't get any video....are we supposed to rewire the studio?
    I don't think we're discussing the same thing here, can you explain a bit more? What does "ethernet cameras SDI going to the NCIO" mean?

To explain my confusion: NC I/O doesn't offer PTZ control, I don't think ... so you seem to be referring to control from TriCaster. But the cameras are coming in as NDI from and NC1 I/O? As far as I'm aware, has never passed PTZ control from a TriCaster back to an SDI camera connected to its inputs. Can you clarify your setup, please?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")