Thread: Axis ptz

Axis ptz

I have a couple of Axis PTZ cams that I am trying to bring into my TC1. When I add the camera via IP address and set the port (80), and bring it in as an input, I do not get any camera feed. Has anyone had experience with Axis PTZ cams before? I can ping the cameras from the Tricaster so I Know it's available. I am on the most recent TC1 firmware before the newest update that just came out.

How is the camera connected? SDI? The PTZ IP address is just for control, it doesn't bring in video with that setting.

If you need to bring in a IP video stream using these cameras you will need to us Connect Pro or VLC Player with NDI plug-in on another computer to convert the IP stream in NDI.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Got it. I will try connect pro again. In the past, the Axis PTZ cams were not on the supported list and when I added them via IP it would not work. I’ll try on Connect Pro. As for using the vlc NDI for a camera, how would I set that up?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfore View Post
    Got it. I will try connect pro again. In the past, the Axis PTZ cams were not on the supported list and when I added them via IP it would not work. I’ll try on Connect Pro. As for using the vlc NDI for a camera, how would I set that up?
    To get the NDI plug-in installed, first install VLC Player, then install NDI Tools on that system. The 64-bit version of VLC is recommended, but 32-bit should work if needed.

For VLC, you first need to figure out the URL to access the camera using VLC 'Open Network Stream' option. When you get video showing up that way, then turn on NDI output in VLC using the settings. Restart VLC Player and when you open the network stream, it will be output as NDI.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.