Thread: Using Spark with Tricaster

Using Spark with Tricaster

I'm setting up a new Connect Spark for the first time, hardwired. I downloaded the NDI|HX driver pack and installed on my office PC. I can see the camera connected to the Spark from the NDI Monitor app. We have a Tricaster 460 running AE2. When I drop down the channel input box, the Spark isn't showing up. Do I need to install the driver pack on the Tricaster also?

Yes, you do. I think the current versions of most TriCaster software with NDI support now include the NDI HX driver, but you may have something that does not. There would be no harm in manually installing the latest driver in any case.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

NDI|HX driver needs to be installed on anything that will access the camera.

Also make sure the TC460 is fairly up to date with AE2 software (I think it has be running a build from mid-2017 for NDI|HX to be supported using the driver).
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

It's running 170626.

That might be okay, you will have to try, that was right around when NDI was updated to support HX driver. If it doesn't show up after you install the HX driver, then update the AE2 software (its a free update).
    http://new.tk/dl
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.