Thread: Cameras

Cameras

I was asked if we should update our current video cameras. We are currently using Sony HDV-Z5U units. These have the component connectors for our TC. Haven't really looked into new cameras in a few years. They are looking to upgrade and give our current unit to a couple of the ministers in other areas.

So what I am asking for any suggestions? Price range between 3 - 4 thousand. Also we are not doing 4K videos at this time.

Thanks,

Jeff

I was pretty happy with the Sony PXWX160 I bought in 2016. It's in your price range. Could send an output simultaneously via SDI and HDMI.

If you don't mind the camera being small, I am using the Sony PXW-X70 with TriCaster, around $1800 and has SDI and HDMI outputs, XLR inputs. I use a VariZoom controller for zoom and focus on tripod handle.

Which TriCaster do you have?

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

I've got a older JVC HM200 which I've been happy with, the new model is the HM250. I don't think the zoom is has high as your Z5U units, (12x on the JVC). These cameras have SDI and HDMI outputs and are well under your price point.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

And the Sony PXW-X70 has the option to upgrade the firmware to have 4K, so even if you don't need it now, you could get it without buying new cameras.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables