Thread: The completely solid state TriCaster MINI HD4LCD...

Cool The completely solid state TriCaster MINI HD4LCD...

It lives...

NDI Camera
    TriCaster Mini Advanced Edition
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Music by www.soundtraxxmusic.com

A cool concept, but not so sure on the solid-state graphics bit. I think I'd probably feel a bit better with some fans

Just an SSD upgrade for the Minis must make them blazing fast. Those spinning laptop hard drives it uses currently are a travesty.

Great work!
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #1
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #2
    Video Nerd

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webslave View Post
    A cool concept, but not so sure on the solid-state graphics bit. I think I'd probably feel a bit better with some fans
    Not the fan that the TriCaster MINI comes with they are prone to lock up are very small and do not dissipate as much heat as my solid state radiator. -S

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Shawn, that looks fabulous! Do you mind sharing how you built it?

And how it works? (Performance improvements?)

Yes I will when complete!

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Cool UPDATE #TriCaster

UPDATE: I have another video and update on my "TriCaster Mini SSDHD4i" where i talk about how I do not recommend people do this mod because I visually physically damaged my TriCaster Mini HD4 when I stripped a rivet. It still works great and since the new graphics card was installed has never shut down. This is strictly my own research and development on The TriCaster MINI HD4. - Your Friend, Shawn Lee Farrell

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

What MSI Video Card Did You Use

Hi Shawn. I appreciated that video. My PC repair guy enjoyed it also. We saw that you used a fanless MSI video card, but we could not tell which model. Could you please let me know which MSI video card model you used?

If this helps, my local PC repair guy said it is a 1/16th Allen wrench. In Standard inch measurements (not metric).

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Would it Stop Freezing and Seizing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nazarene View Post
    Hi Shawn. I appreciated that video. My PC repair guy enjoyed it also. We saw that you used a fanless MSI video card, but we could not tell which model. Could you please let me know which MSI video card model you used?

If this helps, my local PC repair guy said it is a 1/16th Allen wrench. In Standard inch measurements (not metric).

If I may ask, what kind of freezing or crashing issues did this cure? I ask because my unit is having freezing and seizing issues, and I am hoping a video card replacement might help.

Cool tricaster video toaster big iron flyer flashback!

Certainly, my TriCaster would shut down every 30 minutes or so. The FAN on the graphics card stopped spinning. Since replacing card The TriCaster Mini has not shut down in a month or so. That also fixed the problem I was having with video stuttering on internal drives. Although it can't really be seen in this video I did cut a rectangular hole in the MINI side panel for the Graphics hard heat sync, you can compare this to a Blower coming out of the hood of a 427 ford all aluminum block motor like my Dad used to have on his truck..."BIG IRON". My Dad god rest his wild soul:

I will take out the card to see what the model was tonight or tommorow. - Shawn Lee Farrell

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Farrell View Post
    [CENTER] I will take out the card to see what the model was tonight or tommorow. - Shawn Lee Farrell
    I am looking forward to it!

Cool

here is the modified card, had to bend the top of themetal insert plate straight.

Link to card on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/G730K23HP-MSI-N730K-2GD3H-LP-2GB-DDR3-PCIE2-0/153357542780?hash=item23b4d2657c:g:N9cAAOSwxLFcUR4 N:rk:1f:0

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nazarene View Post
    hi shawn. I appreciated that video. My pc repair guy enjoyed it also. We saw that you used a fanless msi video card, but we could not tell which model. Could you please let me know which msi video card model you used?

If this helps, my local pc repair guy said it is a 1/16th allen wrench. In standard inch measurements (not metric).

thank you! sorry for delay in getting you this I had the FLU then wipedm out on black ice on my bicycle...ouch!

NDI Camera
    Lightwave 11
    SpeedEdit 2.5