Thread: NDI Scan Convertor - Keeps crashing - Anyone finding the same

NDI Scan Convertor - Keeps crashing - Anyone finding the same

Today I've done a production using the Newtek NDI Scan Convertor, the Sienna Scan Converter and the vMix version on my Mac when bringing in Google Chrome web pages.

I found the Newtek one crashed fairly soon after starting it when I flipped between different web pages during the production. The vMix just locked up when doing the same, but the Sienna version perfectly worked for the whole hour long production.

Has anyone else found this? Or does anyone have any suggestions as to why this happens?

I'm using a Gigabit router all cable connected.

Many thanks

I recently bought a new laptop and found that NDI Scan Converter would run for a short while and then crash. Although I haven't spent a lot of time looking into it yet, I discovered that by default this laptop - apparently like many these days - automatically switches back and forth between the integrated graphics chipset and the discrete graphics card. Perhaps you're seeing something similar. After a little reading, I used the nVidia settings app to set it to always use the latter, and so far it seems to have resolved the issue.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

On my laptop (MSI PX60) with nVidia and Intel graphics, I have set the nVidia as the preferred GPU in all case using the nVidia control panel. Ultimately all 'output' goes thru the Intel chip, so I have to manually set NDI Scan Converter to run on the Intel to get video (again using the nVidia control panel).
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks guys, but I'm working on an iMac and I have no such graphic options in the system preferences.

Oddly it never was a problem when using IVGA. I'll have to check it out using a PC NDI scan convertors.

If anyone has any ideas leave a message.

Same issue here. When using NDI Scan Converter on a Mac (either the Newtek version of the Sierra version), it crashes every few minutes.

I gave up trying it on my Mac. We were trying to play live streaming video from youtube in full screen on my Mac out to the video board at the football stadium for the band marching in and the football players bus ride (from inside the bus) into the stadium. TERRIBLE performance and constant crashing on a 2017 MBPro 15" (Mohave), but the very same scenario works flawlessly on the HP touchscreen we run Display Studio on that is part of the Daktronics system we use. All else is exactly the same less the computer providing live stream content. I even scaled the display to its lowest resolution thinking maybe the output was too high on the Retina display. Bottom line from my experience is that the Mac port of this Windows-based software simply isn't usable at least on the latest version of the Mac OS.

Has anyone submitted a detailed bug report?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I recently bought a new laptop and found that NDI Scan Converter would run for a short while and then crash. Although I haven't spent a lot of time looking into it yet, I discovered that by default this laptop - apparently like many these days - automatically switches back and forth between the integrated graphics chipset and the discrete graphics card. Perhaps you're seeing something similar. After a little reading, I used the nVidia settings app to set it to always use the latter, and so far it seems to have resolved the issue.
    This is an interesting point. I do have Automatic Graphics Switching checked in my Energy Saver preferences. Would be worth testing by unchecking that option.

Quote Originally Posted by imryh View Post
    Same issue here. When using NDI Scan Converter on a Mac (either the Newtek version of the Sierra version), it crashes every few minutes.
    If you can send a crash log for the Sienna NDI ScanConverter we can provide some context to answer this question.