Thread: Ndi & smpte-2110

Question Ndi & smpte-2110

Hi, I would know how may change NDI and its application on the field with the new SMPTE-2110 family standards. How these standards will affect NDI (and how our NDI production will change)?

Thanks in advance,
    kind regards

Most NDI users have not yet found it necessary to interconnect NDI systems and SMPTE 2110 systems, but if you do have such a requirement, it can be accomplished using a variant of our NC1 Studio I/O system prepared. (I'm not sure this model has been officially released yet, but I know that it has been demoed at trade shows some and is in use in the field; if you have the need right now, you could ask sales for more information.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

As for how these standards will affect NDI.

Both NDI and SMPTE 2110 can run side by side. In fact, they way that I see things going, many SMPTE 2110 users will also be using NDI as well. NDI works in many cases where SMPTE cannot (like over 1GbE for monitoring).

NewTek is coming out with a NDI <=> 2110 interface called the Connect NC1 IO IP. This one unit will allow you to translate up to 4 channels of video between NDI and 2110 standards.
    https://www.newtek.com/connect/nc1-io/
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Many thanks!