Thread: Tally while on M/E

Tally while on M/E

We run all PIPs, boxes etc through M/E 1 normally, then on MAIN we take M/E 1 in PGM.

However if we run cameras in M/E 1 as Keys (for the purposes of a PIP or a box) then no tally is given over the API as 'v1/dictionary?key=tally' would just see M/E 1 as 'on_pgm'.

Is there any other way around this?
    Michael Valentine
    Global Head of Broadcast Technology @ Gfinity

What version of software are you running? I've using VMC1 7-0-181017 and when I put a M/E on a DSK I still see the channels appear as true for PGM tally using the dictionary.

I would swear that even in Rev 6-0 software this behavior as the same, but I don't have anything running that version to check.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    What version of software are you running? I've using VMC1 7-0-181017 and when I put a M/E on a DSK I still see the channels appear as true for PGM tally using the dictionary.

I would swear that even in Rev 6-0 software this behavior as the same, but I don't have anything running that version to check.
    So I've figured out what the production team were doing and can confirm I've got it working.

It looks like they mapped an ME to a MIX, then mapped an input as a MIX - The reason they were doing this was to avoid having to switch banks during the show.

It would be nice if we could map individual buttons to ME's so the mixer doesn't have to go to Bank 1.
    Michael Valentine
    Global Head of Broadcast Technology @ Gfinity

Quote Originally Posted by Meekel View Post
    So I've figured out what the production team were doing and can confirm I've got it working.

It looks like they mapped an ME to a MIX, then mapped an input as a MIX - The reason they were doing this was to avoid having to switch banks during the show.

It would be nice if we could map individual buttons to ME's so the mixer doesn't have to go to Bank 1.
    If you running latest Advanced Edition (or TC1/VMC1) with a supported control surface, you can remap the button order using the 'Control Surface' add-on. This doesn't reorder them in the UI, just the CS. Perhaps that might help?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.