Thread: NDI Source OBS Plugin 2 PC Streaming, Black Ops 4

Unhappy NDI Source OBS Plugin 2 PC Streaming, Black Ops 4

Hi everyone, thanks for the great plugin. Hopefully someone can help me.

I loaded up the plugin as an alternative to streaming via an AverMedia LGHD2 GC570 which is limited to [email protected] when I upgraded to a 1440p @144Hz monitor. Changing to displayPort cable meant no more HDMI passthrough to my streaming PC. That also meant I needed to figure out how to get my gaming monitor's display captured and sent to OBS on the streaming monitor. Researched many options which were unfavourable to say the least before considering the NDI plugin for OBS.

Tested it with PUBG (playerunknown's battlegrounds and it seemed to work beautifully).

Went to stream Black Ops 4 and OBS with the plugin running on the gaming PC for whatever reason is only able to send (or maybe it's the streaming PC receiving?) 10 or so frames per second. Here is my OBS Forums post with the issue as well as links to twitch captures of the stream tests to give a better idea. https://obsproject.com/forum/threads...6/#post-377476

A possible solution is to simply use the NDI Tools Scan Converter or something to send that to the streaming PC. But I'd like to avoid the trouble of setting all that up if there's a solution for what I'm seeing right now.

Thank you.

82 views on here, no replies with fixes... Am I to believe other people are searching the net with the same problems and simply haven't chimed in? Or is it that people are viewing it and they don't know how to fix this?

NDI team? You ever experience anything like this?

Could it be that your system is one of those which auto-switches between the Intel GPU and your graphics card, and the low frame rate is because it's not kicking over to the latter?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I suppose that's possible. Thanks for the response though. Not sure why it would still give a good frame rate for PUBG but not black ops 4. Is there a setting in OBS or NDI which inhibits or causes the autoswitch? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HotelCharliHill View Post
    I suppose that's possible. Thanks for the response though. Not sure why it would still give a good frame rate for PUBG but not black ops 4. Is there a setting in OBS or NDI which inhibits or causes the autoswitch? Thanks
    It seems that the games are simply demanding too much GPU for OBS or even scan converter (tried that now too) to operate and send the capture to the stream pc. We're talking 90+ % of the GPU's processing power according to Task Manager. Sad. I don't want to have to buy a capture card.