Thread: picture viewer with full metadata and autosave

picture viewer with full metadata and autosave

Sometimes (often) when we test render, could be useful to keep all renders, add to them name, keep info (metadata) of that render to avoid to waste time to save everytimes on hard disk manually, and load again.
    actually picture viewer save in memory only actual render, and if i close by my error, i lose all.
    my suggestion is to do like other software (no name) that save on temporary folder in a disk all render, keep all metadata of render, allow you to edit name of render, and (more important) you can grab and apply that render settings from picture to software.

what i ask PV save pictures (32bit format) on disk with all infos in metadata, also all quality render settings and alternative custom name, and picture viewer is a file viewer read from HD, when you close or reopen picture viewer it read from that folder and you have a list of picture, choose and see or "use" it.

when you decide you can select and delete picture/pictures from disk, and when lw close itself delete the content of that temp folder.
    if you want to recover render settings of picture, right click and load from picture's metadata all infos...

everytimes you need to do a render test, this kind of approach allow you to save tons of times.

My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Quote Originally Posted by ernpchan View Post
    thanks, it's nice, but in 2018 i ask a bit more... automatic
    lightwave3d is a great software, i use it from 1991 and it survive to itself and its developers only thanks to external plugins, and addons... but this is ok in 90', today in 2018 i would like to see more... artist friendly tools.. i not to ask the moon, only to be more ... modern.
    Danger! Mad Scientist at work

I'm a mad genius, a mad scientist, someone like dr. jeckill and frankestein with a bit of Bugs Bunny.