Thread: Using Connect Spark to receive feed

Using Connect Spark to receive feed

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere before but I've not been able to find a definitive answer.

Can the Connect Spark be used to receive a feed from a TriCaster over NDI so it can be displayed on a TV?

Thanks,
    Jon

No, sorry.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks for the response. You may want to contact the retailers to get them to amend the descriptions as, to me, it advertises as being able to receive video.

"NewTek Connect Spark gives you the ability to easily send and receive video using your existing network."
    https://cvp.com/product/newtek_ncs_connect_spark_hdmi

I agree that description could be clearer. I do hope it's not based on anything we supplied.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

It looks to jut be an unfortunate break point from the main "description" part of their website on the "at a glance" tab. Reading it in full context they continue to re-enforce that the spark is an HDMI to NDI|HX converter. I've popped an email over to see if they can adjust the break point on the at a glance tab. Hopefully they can make the adjustment.
    Sr. Director, Marketing Services
    NewTek
    San Antonio, TX

The break point is a bit unfortunate however the full sentence "NewTek Connect Spark gives you the ability to easily send and receive video using your existing network." appears at the start of the second paragraph in the "Description" tab.

If you Google that sentence then you can see it's spread pretty widely.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q="NewTek+Connect+Spark+gives+you+the+abili ty+to+easily+send+and+receive+video+using+your+exi sting+network."