Thread: NDI Scan Converter Feature Request

NDI Scan Converter Feature Request

Hey guys,

I've been using Newtek's NDI Scan Converter extensively for the last month or so for an esports production, and it has been fantastic!

I have a small feature request, tally. Would it be possible for Scan Converter to provide a red or green boarder around the screen to show tally status, but not have it transmitted over the NDI output?

That would be a significant improvement and make the TriCaster environment more cohesive.

This isn't exactly the same thing, but I do have a free application called 'WebTally' that will allow you to use a mobile device or web browser running on a computer to report back tally of any channel on the TriCaster. Perhaps that might help, either having a phone mounted by the monitor or on a second display?

http://kanelp7.wixsite.com/kanesworld/webtally
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Wow, Kane, that works really well.

We don't have a tally connected to my PTZ cameras and this will work like a charm with a cheap little smartphone on WiFi.

Quick request, it would be great if you'd burn into the red/green/black field a big number 1, 2, 3, etc representing the input. Or to allow some user config of a big text field. This would then be very useful to visually indicate the camera number for a talent display. Just a suggestion.

I'm going to go out and buy a couple of now discontinued Kyocera Android smartphones (Android 4.x btw). I did notice that the scanning of the web page/port/trigger didn't work in IE11 but was fine on Chrome. Any other notes as to limitations of browsers, etc?

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Wow Kane, just discovered a gold mine which is your website! Excel integration, time and the stuff. You're the man!

Yeah, not exactly the same thing, but extremely useful! Will use it on our next production! Thanks Kane!

Glad you find this useful. I'll take the suggestions as an idea if/when I get around to working on the app again.

IE11 can be make to work, but there is a setting that needs to be changed.

1. Open Internet Options
    2. Under Browsing History, click the 'Settings' button
    3. Choose the option called 'Every time I visit the webpage'

After that IE11 should work correctly with all of my apps. I typically use Chrome, but Firefox, Safari or Edge should also work without issue as well.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.