Thread: Rhiggit and CMU BVH mocap?

Rhiggit and CMU BVH mocap?

I've been trying to get Rhiggit to work with a BVH Mocap (the motion builder friendly ones) file from CMU website, but I don't seem to be able to get a working re-targeting map. Always results in some error message and then the only thing that maps correctly is the MainRoot. Is it a case that unless all the bones are mapped correctly, then nothing gets mapped?

Has anyone else been able to get this to work?

Thanks
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

The initial orientation of your rig has to match the initial pose of the BVH data, or be very close.

I would make sure your offsets are visible (from the Animation toolbox button) as well.
    --------
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    The initial orientation of your rig has to match the initial pose of the BVH data, or be very close.

I would make sure your offsets are visible (from the Animation toolbox button) as well.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but still get nothing except the root moving. I would have at least expected the 'wrong' joints to move if the mapping was off.
    What's a bit of a shame is that I found most of the Rhiggit tools to be very useable, but compared to Nevron the retargeting is a bit of a let down. The mapping panel doesn't allow you to select and check names of anything in the scene which is also a pain. I would have like to have got this working as the clean up tools for foot slides etc... are vastly superior to Nevron's.

Well I figured out why things were going so badly wrong! You have to remove from the map definition any bones not in use, then it worked OK! I guess that should have been obvious - DOH!