Thread: Ndi

Ndi

Just wondering, I see a lot of people taling about their NDI on TC. Are we to install it on the TC also, or is it already installed. We have a 460AE with the latest updates.

NDI is built-in, although *I think* that if you want to receive NDI|HX from the PTZ1 camera or Connect Spark, then you need to install the NDI|HX codec from website onto TriCaster. Regular NDI works without that install.

For testing purposes, run the free NDI Scan Converter on a Windows 8 or 10 PC on same network as TC, or use NDI Test Patterns. Or both. They should show up under Input Configure options on TC (right-click any button on Program Row). NDI is FUN, try it out!

Also, your TC460AE is going to automatically output several channels of NDI! Any connected camera input 1-4 is instantly available across the network as an NDI source, and output MIX 1-4 are also available. Run the free NDI Studio Monitor software on a PC and you ought to be able to see the Program output of TriCaster full-quality, full-screen, as well as any other NDI source from the 460.

Download free NDI TOOLS for PC or Mac on this page - https://www.newtek.com/ndi/tools/

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    NDI is built-in, although *I think* that if you want to receive NDI|HX from the PTZ1 camera or Connect Spark, then you need to install the NDI|HX codec from website onto TriCaster. Regular NDI works without that install.
    While this was true at one time, I believe that the HX driver has been installed with TC updates for some time now ... could be wrong, but easily tested.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")