Thread: Tricaster missing NDI inputs

Tricaster missing NDI inputs

Hey
    Having an issue with the Tricaster 460 AE. We have moved the entire road case and unit to our venue.
    We are set up with 4 cameras, 2 of the manned Camcorders going in thru standard SDI inputs one of the PTZoptics 12x going in SDI and the other PTZoptics getting feed thru NDI. SDI feeds are working fine.

For the NDI PTZ we are using POE and Control via Ethernet, so just one 100' high quality cable to that camera.

We have several iphone 6s's with NDI apps as ancillary back stage and production room views set up as well thru NDI.

All was working well here in the studio.
    When we got the unit up there yesterday for an evening test show last we completely lost the NDI on the Tricaster. Meaning the inputs are not showing up as discoverable NDI on the input selection.

We tapped into their wireless network for the iphones, and ran a direct Cat6 line to our unit for the PTZ NDI camera into our powered switch and then into our regular switch TP-Link 24. This set up was working fine just 12 hrs before.

Tried reboots, powering the camera with power supply and bypassing the powered switch. Nothing
    Also the Wireless network there not showing up.

Is there anything that jumps out that I should be looking at here?
    Any input or assistance as always greatly appreciate!

Additional info. We were having a lot of issues with the most recent update of Advanced Edition. Crashed on us consistently.
    We reverted back to the previous version with links provided by Newtek support.

These we the files provided:
    Hello Greg,

As to our chat, here are the links for the reverted build.

http://new.tk/TC51180323B-01
    http://new.tk/TC51180323B-02
    http://new.tk/TC51180323B-03

Thanks
    Last edited by Flegz; 10-11-2018 at 09:00 AM.
    Greg
    Pirate Moon Productions
    Tricaster 460 AE2 w/460 Control Surface
    Sony PXW-x70 (2) / Sony a6000 (2)
    PTZOptics 12x-sdi/ndi (2) / PTZOptics 20x-Sdi
    Adobe CC
    Audio ~ Midas M32

Check out your multicast situation.

Did you previously test on their network? If they do not have all the right settings NDI auto discovery will likely not work. You could test that by using NDI manager to manually add the IP of the various iPhones. A lot of networks I deal with will not let wifi traffic talk to wired connections for example (wireless is for guests so they don't need to talk to our wired devices). As such I bring my own wifi and networking to create my own local network that then uses the house one to get to the internet. Obviously My wifi setup will not cover a whole venue but I have a lot less headaches since using this style of setup.

Thanks, will run through things again when I get back there. The perplexing thing is not the wifi network not showing up, I get that there could be some issues there, but my hard wired NDI camera thru IP on my switch is missing. Weird.. I'm sure it's something stupid.. Will suss out when I return there.
    Thanks!
    Greg
    Pirate Moon Productions
    Tricaster 460 AE2 w/460 Control Surface
    Sony PXW-x70 (2) / Sony a6000 (2)
    PTZOptics 12x-sdi/ndi (2) / PTZOptics 20x-Sdi
    Adobe CC
    Audio ~ Midas M32

OK so your Tricaster and NDI hardwire are on your personal switch and still dont see each other. I have had a few times personally where if the NDI stream wasnt up before my session loaded i wouldn't see it but I haven't seen that with a current build. Reloading the session would fix it though. You went so far as to reboot so I don't think that is the problem either. I would def. try to use NDI access manager tool to code in the IP addresses and see if that takes.