Thread: Controlling the NDIHX-PTZ1 from a long distance

Controlling the NDIHX-PTZ1 from a long distance

I know our NDIHX-PTZ1 camera, Skaarhoj camera controller, and laptop with Studio Monitor work perfectly on our network at our school. I've seen it. It's beautiful.

However in the football field, I want to operate and send the camera's signal (placed behind an end zone) 700 feet to where the Tricaster will be.

In testing, when I plug the camera's Ethernet out into an Ethernet to fiber converter, then run the fiber to a 2nd Ethernet to fiber converter, then plug the Ethernet cable from the 2nd Ethernet to fiber converter into the Ethernet switch that also has the camera controller and laptop with Studio Monitor connected to it, I got no picture and I can't control the camera. I reboot, reconnect, etc... but this setup isn't working.

How can I control the NDIHX-PTZ1 from a long distance? Is the Ethernet to fiber converters suspect? Are Ethernet Extenders the way to go? How can this be made to work?

Help please. Thank you.

If you put something else on the end of that Ethernet to fiber converter, does it show up? (if it is a laptop, can you ping it?)
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

K,

I'm not at school yet but will try as soon as I get there. Can I ask: What if the laptop doesn't show up? What if it does?

Thank you.

Max

Kane,

I am at school now. The laptop on the end of the Ethernet to fiber converter does have internet access. It is what I'm on now typing this reply.

Max

Is camera powered via AC adapter of PoE?

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

AC Adapter

Same ethernet switch that has worked before? Must be Gigabit (10/100/1000). Also read something the other day about older ethernet cables maybe not being fast enough for Gigabit? Are your cables at remote site known to be Cat-5 or Cat-6?

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1