Thread: Tutorial - 3D scanning a building with Reality Capture

Tutorial - 3D scanning a building with Reality Capture

Just thought I'd share. I made a new tutorial on scanning a building with Reality Capture, just using a phone camera and a drone. At the end I show the result in LightWave and 3D-Coat.

~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    Just thought I'd share. I made a new tutorial on scanning a building with Reality Capture, just using a phone camera and a drone. At the end I show the result in LightWave and 3D-Coat.
    That's a pretty good result considering it was made with a few photos and of differing lens types. I was also expecting you to have to process the photos more in the software, but the automatic stitching wasn't too bad at all.

If you had captured more of the building, I think it could easily pass as a mid-ground asset in a project.
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

Quote Originally Posted by stevecullum View Post
    That's a pretty good result considering it was made with a few photos and of differing lens types. I was also expecting you to have to process the photos more in the software, but the automatic stitching wasn't too bad at all.

If you had captured more of the building, I think it could easily pass as a mid-ground asset in a project.
    Yeah, it's really not bad. I might consider going back and taking some more pictures. The lighting would be different of course but it may not matter that much.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM