Thread: Got a problem

Got a problem

Over the last couple weeks when I render an Daz Studio character in Lightwave. The end render looks correct. When I bring it into Photoshop the hair comes out as transparent. Would anyone have an idea how to render this with the hair not transparent? I have changed the way I render the photo and get the same each time.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Awan.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	143063

Most likely it has a different transfer mode or layer order that's not in agreement. I've encountered this before; wa an easy fix just took a little fidling to find the culprit.

Aslo, if you aren't, using FBX to export out of both Daz & Poser (stick with the 2014 version though) simplifies the process a great deal.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

I worked on it again today and I saved it out a tif with 24 bit and it came out the way it looked. When I saved it out as a 32 bit tif is when I have the problem. So is a 32 bit, a 24 bit picture with an 8 bit alpha. How can I save it as 32 bit then.

Quote Originally Posted by grafxstudio View Post
    I worked on it again today and I saved it out a tif with 24 bit and it came out the way it looked. When I saved it out as a 32 bit tif is when I have the problem. So is a 32 bit, a 24 bit picture with an 8 bit alpha. How can I save it as 32 bit then.
    Take a look at the tif. It might be a 32-bit file but does it actually have alpha info? If it's solid white or black it's doing no good.

You might consider png format. Lossless, tiny, and can have a alpha or rather have transparency.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum