Thread: NDI Scan Convertor v3.7 - ignoring webcam settings

NDI Scan Convertor v3.7 - ignoring webcam settings

Hi All,

I just updated two PCs to NTI Tools v3.7. Wanted to see if the lesser of two could be used to access a Logitech C922 webcam, making it available as an NDI source.

When I do this, the NDI stream offered is 640x480p30 4:3 aspect ratio. This happens almost completely without regard for the settings selected in NDI convertor.

It only switches to 16:9 aspect if some very low resolution setting is selected, like 640x360.

Quote Originally Posted by mjgraves View Post
    Hi All,

I just updated two PCs to NTI Tools v3.7. Wanted to see if the lesser of two could be used to access a Logitech C922 webcam, making it available as an NDI source.

When I do this, the NDI stream offered is 640x480p30 4:3 aspect ratio. This happens almost completely without regard for the settings selected in NDI convertor.

It only switches to 16:9 aspect if some very low resolution setting is selected, like 640x360.
    Tracking this a little further, it appears that any time Scan Convertor is unhappy it's failure mode is to select 640x480p30 4:3.

It cannot access a Logitech Brio or Rally at 4k30. It always resorts to a VGA default.

FWIW, you should take note from lessons learned elsewhere, when accessing Logitech 4K capable webcams you should use the MMF access method. Direct Show does not work well.

Same issue with 3.5 for the 3 cams?