Thread: Tricaster Video Drivers

Tricaster Video Drivers

Tricaster AE won't load
    We had downloaded the most recent AE version TriCaster Advanced Edition 5-1-180820 had to revert to older version. Worked for a while, then started crashing on every session.
    We seem to now be having problems with our Video Drivers. Tricaster warning that driver was out of date. We've tried downloading current versions for Nvidia GForce Gtx 750 ti but no amount of installation or downloading seemed to work.
    We've tried versions for Windows 7-64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit, and can't seem to get anything to work (assuming that it is 64 bit)
    At this point its impossible to even launch the Tricaster. If anyone knows the secret to figuring this out, we'd appreciate it.

Matt
    Pirate Moon Productions
    Tricaster 460 AE2 w/460 Control Surface
    Sony PXW-x70 (2) / Sony a6000 (2)
    PTZOptics 12x-sdi/ndi (2) / PTZOptics 20x-Sdi
    Adobe CC
    Audio ~ Midas M32

A TriCaster AE system would be Windows 7 x64 drivers.

nVidia just released version 411 drivers a few days ago, however you will get an error if you use them. Download the nVidia 399 drivers and it will be okay. I'm told that error with the 411 version drivers will be fixed in the next TriCaster release.
    https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/137725
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane!
    Been going crazy with this. Still having severe crash issues with the 460. Whats the correct way to do a factory reboot on this machine?
    Greg
    Pirate Moon Productions
    Adobe CC
    Audio ~ Midas M32

Page 289 of the user manual will give you details on the restore process. I would first make a user backup of your C: drive prior to doing this just in case you have any issues. This will wipe your C: drive and restore to factory default. You will then need to reinstall and register the unit with AE as its likely you will have the standard edition on the units factory build depending on if your system was upgraded or if AE was the default build.

I would then suggest making a user backup of your system with this "clean" build.

User Manual can be located here. http://new.tk/TCAE2manual-01
    Sr. Director, Marketing Services
    NewTek
    San Antonio, TX

Quote Originally Posted by spaulsen View Post
    Page 289 of the user manual will give you details on the restore process. I would first make a user backup of your C: drive prior to doing this just in case you have any issues. This will wipe your C: drive and restore to factory default. You will then need to reinstall and register the unit with AE as its likely you will have the standard edition on the units factory build depending on if your system was upgraded or if AE was the default build.

I would then suggest making a user backup of your system with this "clean" build.

User Manual can be located here. http://new.tk/TCAE2manual-01
    Thanks for the quick response and info. I am making backup now and will be sure to backup again once I get to that "clean" build.
    Appreciate your input
    Thanks!
    Greg
    Pirate Moon Productions
    Adobe CC
    Audio ~ Midas M32

Quote Originally Posted by Flegz View Post
    Thanks Kane!
    Been going crazy with this. Still having severe crash issues with the 460. Whats the correct way to do a factory reboot on this machine?
    hi friend if you need the steps for factory restore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ec3lQbN76k

Tricaster is the best thing that i've used since I played with my atari
    Gear Used:
    Tricaster: All 3Play:440
    Cam: JVC GY-HM600, GY-HM150U
    Facebook
    Twitter

I just had the same experience with having restored the Mini to SE, then applying AE upgrade and TriCaster would NOT run until I updated the nVidia driver. So I did install latest video driver yet it kept nagging me to upgrade the video driver and continued to refuse to open TriCaster software. What I realized was that the most recent nVidia driver was perhaps TOO NEW to recognize, being NEWER than the Newtek software. So I installed an older nVidia driver from earlier in the summer then TriCaster loaded and ran just fine! I don't know what nVidia version that was now since I was cleaning it up to sell and it is gone now. Maybe from June?

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1