Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NDIXH-PTZ1 loosing network connection

NDIXH-PTZ1 loosing network connection

Hello, i have problem with this camera in our station. We have 3 of them connected trough network with pc that control them and also with TC1. I install NDI studio with drivers for them them,full packet. Problem is bcouse camera number 2 loose connection trough lan and we loose control and picture of her on pc and tricaster TC1. Camera sdi output is fine. I can see her trough sdi but i cant control it. When i look in camera menu with rc remonte control i see in ethernet settins, ip adress is other that i set it to be and getway is 0.0.0.0
    I do factory reset and camera works fine half an hout and then again start to loose network connection. Also other 2 camera that work, i can read them in ndi studio as NDI-PTZ1/ chan 1/ ... ... ip adress i set. Camera who make problem is seen as PTZ Camera.
    I set also in acess manager all 3 camera in menu remonte sources as newtek ptz camera and set same ip adress as they are stored in camera menu. Same setting as in TC1 acess manager.
    Camera fw is latest 116j
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180925_124724_1[1].jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	142887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180925_162826_1[1].jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	142888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180925_162849_1[1].jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	142889  

One of my customers with TC1 and 3 of the PTZ cameras recently had a similar issue. He determined it was because all cameras were set to "Chan 1" so he changed two of them to "Chan 2" and "Chan 3" and that fixed it, hope this helps you.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Where should i change that settings? In studio monitor, or in ndi access manager in PC that control all 3 PTZ camera?
    In case it fix it, should i change it in TC1 ndi access manager also. There is same settings to all 3 cam, to chan 1 in remote sources menu . I know i must set acess manager remote sources menu in TC1 to correct ip adress so he can see camera from network. Do i realy nead to do anything in PC in ndi access manager,should remote sources be blank there?
    Im not so good in network knowledge.
    Tnx Jeff

The channel name is set in the web interface for each camera, which can be accessed from Studio Monitor. If this does solve the problem, it would seem to reveal a bug and it would be helpful if someone reported it.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Do i need to set same ip adresses to ndi access manager/remote sources in PC from we controll camera as they are in ndi access manager in TC1( we dont control camera from there, i install latest 3.7 ndi tools version only for drivers so TC1 can recognize camera), or i can set blank page there?
    Last edited by Tv Banat; 09-25-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    The channel name is set in the web interface for each camera, which can be accessed from Studio Monitor. If this does solve the problem, it would seem to reveal a bug and it would be helpful if someone reported it.
    When camera disconnect from network i cant acsess web interface. I must manualy reset camera and then set ip adress. If i dont do that camera read her default 192.168.100.168 adress and i cant see it in TC1 and network. I will try Jeff method tomorrow and see does this disconecting start again. Chanel name is arbitrarily assuming.
    Sorry for bad english...

You may not need to specify the IP addresses for individual cameras using Access Manager (anywhere) if you are crossing subnet boundaries.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by Tv Banat View Post
    When camera disconnect from network i cant acsess web interface.
    Nevertheless, this is where the channel name is set.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I set it today as Jeff sad. In pc that controll camera. Rename all 3 device name to kamera 1,2,3 and NDI channel name to chan 1,chan 2 and chan 3. I have video and controll of all 3 camera in studio monitor, but i dont have same names as i set in web interface. Camera 2 making problem with name as she was before.
    If i set blank inputs in ndi access manager/remote sources, or i set camera ip adress and other,it dont make difference to studio monitor.
    Also i noticed all 3 camera in studio monitor have same ip settings/aplication/web controll,but afther ip adress there is :81,:82
    Are this numbers subnet boundaries?

Name:	Control_PC_set_1[1].jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	142901   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Control_PC_set_2[1].jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	142902  
    Last edited by Tv Banat; 09-26-2018 at 02:54 AM.

In TC1 ndi access manager/remote sources settings, if it is blank i cant see camera in video inputs. If i choose NDI devices i cant also see them in inputs. If i set it to newtek ptz camrea and input ip adress,chanel, then i can see video of ptz camera on TC1 inputs. On the other hand,chan name can be set to all of 3 camera to chan 1, or to chan 1,chan 2, and chan 3, it no make difference to video inputs.

Name:	TC1_access_set_1[1].jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	142903   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC1_access_set_2[1].jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	142904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC1_access_set_3[1].jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	142905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC1_input_set[1].jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	142906  

Why cant ndi studio read camera names and chan as i set them with web browser? It look this is bug.

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    One of my customers with TC1 and 3 of the PTZ cameras recently had a similar issue. He determined it was because all cameras were set to "Chan 1" so he changed two of them to "Chan 2" and "Chan 3" and that fixed it, hope this helps you.

Thanks

Jeff
    This is an interesting idea. I have a ticket open with NewTek because I frequently lose control of my cameras after a variable amount of time (since the latest firmware upgrade). I've now changed that description for each of my cameras and will see if my issue persists. I've always had to use Access Manger to define my camera IPs since the autodiscovery never worked on my switches (even with just one camera). Perhaps the new firmware became pickier at those names.

Quote Originally Posted by Tv Banat View Post
    Why cant ndi studio read camera names and chan as i set them with web browser? It look this is bug.
    To reduce unnecessary network traffic, NDI systems - including Studio Monitor - do not constantly poll the network for changes. Instead, this happens periodically. So name changes may not appear immediately on a given instance of SM. (When I want to force a refresh, I just exit it and re-launch.)

There really should not be a *problem with device or channel names. We have scores of NDI sources on our network here, often exceeding a hundred channels. If multiple sources have the same device and channel name, SM will show their individual IP numbers to help you differentiate them. It will not prevent you connecting to them individually, even in this case.

* Anyone who really encounters a repeatable issue where the name is clearly a factor should file a detailed bug report.

So, for example, every Spark initially has the same device name ("NewTek-Connect") and channel name ("Chan 1"). You can connect three and they will show up in SM's hierarchical menu as shown below:

NewTek-Connect
    -> Chan 1 (192.168.1.120)
    -> Chan 1 (192.168.1.130)
    -> Chan 1 (192.168.1.140)

Again, it should not be necessary to make any entries in the Remote Sources tab of NDI Access Manager in a simple LAN environment. Having to do this perhaps suggests some unsuitable option set in a switch or router, which is forcing the use of the remote source support as a workaround.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I understand you, but we dont have camera sort in studio monitor by ip adress as we set it in web. Two camera are shown,but third camera no mather i try to do have different name. It is not big deal,how studio monitor will read camera, if she does not disconect randomly. In fw when we bought i think 111 name was also different, but connection was stable. This started in fw116. I set camera as Jeff told here, and i will inform does loose connection again. I will contact people who maintenance our network to see if problem is there. I think we have two networks in our station. One local who dont have exit to internet and one connected to internet. I think TC1 and PC for camera should be connected to internet so software can be update to latest. I do it manual,download and then see what i want to install. TC1 is now on latest version,released couple of days ago.

It seems possible that one of your three cameras has an issue. I'd consider reinstalling the most recent firmware, then doing a 'factory reset' using the remote control.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast