Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NDIXH-PTZ1 loosing network connection

I will try. I guess downgrade is not possible,and reflesh with same version vhr116j will not make trouble.

Ok,here is what i done today. First set mozilla to clear web data and so on,afther closing it. I update same fw116j as it was before first to Kamera 2 as i rename it. Afther camera reboot i done factory resset with ir controler. Then set ip adress,net mask and gateway. Turn off camera with ir controler.
    This procedure i done with rest Kamera 1 and Kamera 3.
    Then i open web interface and result was: camera 1 did not change settings at all, name and NDI channel name stay still same - Kamera 1,chan 1. Same is happen with camera 3, name Kamera 1, chan 3.
    Camera 2 name is changed to NDI-PTZ1 and NDI chanel name is chan 1.
    Studio monitor reading camera now Kamera 3,Kamera 1 and NDI-PTZ1. I try to rename NDI-PTZ1 to Kamera 2 and set chanel to chan2, studio monitor still read it as NDI-PTZ1, instead of channel there is PTZ Camera. Afther i try to rename it, i wait couple of minutes,then turn off camera,close web interface,turn it on again and wait couple of minutes before i start studio monitor.
    So i dont know what to do anymore, and as i say before it is not big deal how camera will be named, just to connection stay stable. I set up channel name again as Jeff told me and see will this work. Also if this is bug of f116,it would be nice to someone report it. Or just say mates who collect bugs to read this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    This is an interesting idea. I have a ticket open with NewTek because I frequently lose control of my cameras after a variable amount of time (since the latest firmware upgrade). I've now changed that description for each of my cameras and will see if my issue persists. I've always had to use Access Manger to define my camera IPs since the autodiscovery never worked on my switches (even with just one camera). Perhaps the new firmware became pickier at those names.
    Nevermind, it didn't fix my issue. My issue seems to be linked to PoE+ and the camera software crashing itself when I try to pan, tilt, zoom or focus.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Nevermind, it didn't fix my issue. My issue seems to be linked to PoE+ and the camera software crashing itself when I try to pan, tilt, zoom or focus.
    Interesting - my client had installed their own cameras as I am 3 hours away. I did travel to their location over the last two days for configuration and training and determined that their POE+ switch was NOT providing enough power to the cameras - they would send an NDI signal but would not move. They are going to upgrade their switch, so their network inadequacies seem to be responsible for some of the issues. So it was they that suggested the name changes were resolving some issues last week but the power/network issues seem more responsible now.

Thanks
    Last edited by JPulera; 09-27-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Jeff can you tell me what exactly is POE? You write shortened. Or attach picture here. So i can check,maybe the same thing making trouble at our configuration. If i well understood your client have low voltage in network? Same thing making problem in my station with TC1 control surface,bcouse our usb cable lenht was 15 meters. So i put usb hub with power at the end of cable and now i have stable 5 volts. Before was 3,8. As NDI-PTZ1 camera, we have their 12v adapter,so i can give juice to camera,paralel with network.
    edit:
    I google,found poe+ switch. I will ask our network maintenence mates.
    TNX
    Last edited by Tv Banat; 09-27-2018 at 01:32 PM.

A regular network switch does not supply power over the attached cables. You can get a switch with POE, which is Power Over Ethernet, which can power some PTZ cameras. The Newtek cameras are larger than many and standard POE does not supply enough watts to run the camera movement motors. POE+ is needed, and in fact look for IEEE 802.3at as the standard supported on the switch. And make sure switch is 10/100/1000, must be gigabit for NDI use. I looked online and found POE+ switches that were only 10/100, so be careful.

My client says their switch has POE+, but it is connected to DOZENS of cables and there is not enough power reaching the Newtek PTZ cameras - they turn on and send NDI signal, but WILL NOT MOVE, so we had to connect AC power temporarily until they purchase a correct switch with enough power to feed the PTZ cameras over network cabling.

I honestly do not know a lot about networking or POE+, but the above is what I understand. I wish the PTZ1 User Guide would provide information about what is needed to power the camera! Steve ?

EDIT: just noticed the comment about USB cable for Control Surface. As the CS gets power from USB, not recommended to use extended cables, but if you must, you are doing the correct thing with powered hub, make sure that is nearest the CS with short cable.
    Thanks
    Last edited by JPulera; 09-27-2018 at 03:53 PM.
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

We have POE switch tplink T2600G-28mbps,output 380w. Just i dont know is camera conneced to that switcher. I will ask maintenence mates.

My understanding is that PoE maxes out at 15 watts, where PoE+ maxes out at 30 watts. I was once told by a NewTek technician that these cameras can use up to 25 watts, when using the motors to zoom, pan, tilt, focus, etc. When the cameras are sitting idle, they only seem to consume about 11 watts or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12